Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 (4GB)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, good evening,

First of all thank you for this awesome website and tool! Great work @all tonymac’ers ;)

I have a huge problem with my new setup (it’s my first Hackintosh, but I know a lot about pc and configs)

Components
Processor: Intel Core i7 4930k (atm. not overclocked)
Board: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (newest BIOS)
Ram: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR3-1866
Graphic: Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTX 760 (4GB)
Power supply: be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 680W
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H90
Case: Fractal Design Define XL R2 Black Pearl
Drives: Windows Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD + 2 TB HDD and 1 TB HDD Backup
OSX Mac: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD + 2 TB HDD and 1 TB HDD Backup
-> together 512 GB SSD & 6 TB HDD.

In use for musicproduction (atm. with Cubase but hopefully :crazy: soon as possible with Logic (<3).
Total value= ~2.630€ = 3.570 $
You can download my Excel sheet with all links: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/84804364/file.html

A colleague (he has also a Hackintosh) installed the newest Unibeast (2.1.1) with my bought license of OSX Lion (10.8.5) on my USB stick, but it doesn’t work. Please take a look on the error:

Error.jpg

USB-Stick= SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB USB-Stick, my colleague has the same stick, but in 8 GB.
Link: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002U1ZBG0/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

What can I do? Please note: I have configured my BIOS with the pictures of this guide (thanks for posting):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...e-iv-extreme-core-i7-3930k-successful-65.html (Post #1 / "Photos | BIOS Settings").

Do you think it is possible to install OSX with the brand new Intel Core i7 4930k? I hope so.. :banghead:

Please let me know what you’re thinking. Please help me.

Thanks in advance / let me know if you need further information’s :)
(sorry for my bad English) ;)

Kind regards from Germany (near Frankfurt)
Marco

Hi Marco,

There is a patched kernel floating around for Ivy Bridge-E, and also DSDTs for that board, which function under 10.9 and 10.8.5.

I have not personally tested as I am not on Ivy Bridge-E (but was curious, hence the info :)). I'm using a Xeon LGA2011 chip on a P9X79WS.

Suggest you google around for X79 resources...

Best,
David

Hi David,

thanks for your answer. I can't find the DSTS for ASUS Rampage IV Extreme in the database.

I know there is a guide to program the DSTS but i never tried programming...

(My Bios version is 4403).

Thanks & regards
Marco

You will need to look elsewhere (e.g. google) for DSDTs for some motherboards. E.g. the Rampage IV Extreme. Also for other X79 boards.
There are a lot of motherboards out there and some sites support some boards and brands more extensively.

This site is a good resource for Gigabyte boards.

David

I switched to Gigabyte X79 UP4 with BIOS F4.
Windows has no problems but the installer 10.8.5 and 10.9 Mavericks.

After I entered boot flags -> Blackscreen.

Any ideas?
Mavericks doesn't support my new CPU? The new Mac Pro has the same sockel, 2011.

I have also tested this with a nVidia GT240.

Setup:
i7 4930k
Gigabyte X79 UP4
nVidia 760 GTX

Thanks in advance

The Asus board you listed will work, and I believe also the Gigabyte (I have less knowledge there), but the resources (DSDTs) are not on this site.
There are no DSDTs listed for X79 chipsets here, and we are not supposed to discuss other tools.
As I said above, you should look around a bit... I am trying to be as helpful as I can while following the forum rules. I can't PM you either; see if you can PM me.
Also make sure that your Gigabyte BIOS revision supports the Ivy Bridge-E, regardless of other factors.
David

Sorry I can't send a private message, 'cause I dont have 50 posts in the forum.

I guess I have to wait till 9.0.1 will come out. My CPU will be hopefully supported.

(I have sent back my ASUS board and the Gigabyte X79 UP4 works perfectly... with windows). :(

Regards
Marco

Marco,

Same here. Please send my mail at (redacted due to spambot attack).

David

I switched to Gigabyte X79 UP4 with BIOS F4.
Windows has no problems but the installer 10.8.5 and 10.9 Mavericks.

After I entered boot flags -> Blackscreen.

Any ideas?
Mavericks doesn't support my new CPU? The new Mac Pro has the same sockel, 2011.

I have also tested this with a nVidia GT240.

Setup:
i7 4930k
Gigabyte X79 UP4
nVidia 760 GTX

Thanks in advance
were you ever able to get that system to work?

mine is fairly similar and i can't get the usb to launch:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/116582-need-help-new-system.html#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back