i7-9700K
Graphics
RX Vega64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,
I just installed high Sierra on my Gigabyte z390 Aorus Master build. I think it is using one of the following intel wireless module:
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9560
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9462
  • Intel® Wireless-AC 9461

I cannot get Bluetooth working. There is a loading spinner but it cannot find anything. Is there any guide for how to make this working?
I have an Asus Bluetooth adapter which was working on my old build but not on the new MB. I there this is because the z390 MB already have a BT module. If there is a way to disable the onboard BT module it might also help.

Here is the MB Spec: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10#sp

Thanks!

Your motherboard has the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 that's the WIFI module that comes with the z390 motherboards.
OSX Doesn't support Intel WIFI cards, as far as I know, you can try replacing the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 M.2 module within the backplate area. I heard the BCM94360CD works however you will need an adapter like BCM94360CD / BCM94331CD to PCI-E PCI Express x1 Adapter (still doing my research, just sharing what I found thus far)

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 also comes with b360n WIFI from Gigabyte

The Bluetooth works perfectly if you first start with windows and never switch off the power supply!

I've got it working with my Apple wireless keyboard, apple mouse & apple wireless trackpad ...

Now, I wish there was a solution for the Wifi part...

The Bluetooth works perfectly if you first start with windows and never switch off the power supply!
[...]

It's because Intel drivers in Windows upload the bluetooth firmware to the card. Then, when you restart and load macOS, it should work, cause there's support for it. For Broadcom cards, there's BrcmPatchRAM.kext that load firmware into compatible Broadcom BT controllers.

It's known that Intel bluetooth cards on macOS has some bugs, like not finding any device sometimes.If someday we had a "IntelPatchRam", it could do the trick and solve the bugs. But there's not much interest, because there's no Intel Wifi support in macOS.

The only plausible scenario is someone with a notebook or desktop with valid warranty, that has an Intel BT/WIFI card and doesn't want to change it, but need to use the bluetooth, along with an wifi USB dongle.

I have just bought a Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi (ITX MB) which comes with the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 card.

I expected, since it is a recommended MB, that there would be a Hackintosh compatible replacement for this Wireless card, but I can't seem to find a reference that mentions one.

What is the alternative to the Intel to get a Wifi/BT connection working on this motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back