Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

I've already build some hackintoshes using Multibeast, but they usually used either mid- to high-end Intel cpus, and now I want to build a super-low-end-cheapskate-one. I've already found a compatible cheap Gigabyte motherboard that has a DSDT.aml file in the database and currently in the process of choosing a cpu for it.

The Intel Celeron Dual-Core G550 seems like a good choice — it's a cheap second-generation dual-core Sandy Bridge CPU, but is it compatible with Mountain Lion's vanilla kernel? Did somebody use Celeron CPUs with Mountain Lion? Do they add any problems with compatibility or make the install process more difficult?

Celeron G530 works fine with Foxconn H67S board.
No alterations due to CPU.
I did upgrade bios up to Ivy Bridge support but this was in a vain attempt to get audio to work.
Of course no HD works.
You must use video card.
HDMI sound works through video card.

Toleda said basically the CPU has no effect on sound.
About This Mac eventually identified this as an I7; at one time it did correctly identified it.

You should have no problem.
There are some builds on this site check Hobo Mac and Povo Mac.

Nov bench scores are in the 500 range.
It will not give full speed to ram. 1300 shows up as 1000.
No fix for this as it is built in CPU.

Hi guys,

I've already build some hackintoshes using Multibeast, but they usually used either mid- to high-end Intel cpus, and now I want to build a super-low-end-cheapskate-one. I've already found a compatible cheap Gigabyte motherboard that has a DSDT.aml file in the database and currently in the process of choosing a cpu for it.

The Intel Celeron Dual-Core G550 seems like a good choice — it's a cheap second-generation dual-core Sandy Bridge CPU, but is it compatible with Mountain Lion's vanilla kernel? Did somebody use Celeron CPUs with Mountain Lion? Do they add any problems with compatibility or make the install process more difficult?

Yes, the Celeron G550 should be compatible with Mountain Lion (and Lion and Snow Leopard). But since its CPU graphics is not supported in Mountain Lion you will also need a supported video card like a Nvidia GT210 or GT640. What is the motherboard that you want to use?

Well, using a dedicated video card isn't a problem — i've got an old one, which is compatible with Mountain Lion. My motherboard of choice is Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2.

Well, using a dedicated video card isn't a problem — i've got an old one, which is compatible with Mountain Lion. My motherboard of choice is Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2.

Good, then you are ready to go.

Well, thanks everybody - everything works

I just bought new rig on 1155. Everything works, but my processor is recognized as Intel Core i7 in About this Mac. How can i fix that? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back