Contribute
Register

Intel 750 SSD - NVMe works natively

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh I don't have that issue it shows up as internal for me are you sure you did the right format?

Internal vs. external will depend on the OEM ACPI and how the device is physically installed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.59.06.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 10.59.06.png
    667.3 KB · Views: 160
can you please share your clover folder?
Would you mind to write a step by step guide? thank you in advance.
my disk 750 also works slowly 802 reads 834 write
sorry,now i'm on 10.12 and also works even more slowly , less than 500 read……, with patched IONVMEFAMILY

sorry,now i'm on 10.12 and also works even more slowly , less than 500 read……, with patched IONVMEFAMILY

I wonder how this can be fixed

There's a separate thread for non-native support of this drive.

You could inject "built-in" and it will show as internal.
See here for clues: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

This means I'll have to use the HackrNVMEFamily.kext, right?

Only reason I'd be reluctant to go that route is because right now I'm setup to the point where I don't need to change or modify anything in order to update. Might be willing to put up with this minor nuisance for the sake of convenience, but if this method works without having to put in the HackrNVMEFamily.kext and consequently having to update that before upgrading then I'll give it a whirl.

This means I'll have to use the HackrNVMEFamily.kext, right?

Only reason I'd be reluctant to go that route is because right now I'm setup to the point where I don't need to change or modify anything in order to update. Might be willing to put up with this minor nuisance for the sake of convenience, but if this method works without having to put in the HackrNVMEFamily.kext and consequently having to update that before upgrading then I'll give it a whirl.

No. Don't inject "class-code", just "built-in"...

Curious if anyone has had any additional luck with these drives. I'm considering a rebuild and looking for less troublesome NVMe for that build. The 750 comes to mind but if it's getting SATA III speeds why bother. I'm not thrilled about the long procedure of the other NVMe drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back