Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Hey Guys,

I finally got my mackintosh running perfect! I'm super excited with the results and its insanely fast. My current setup is:

Phanteks Evolv
Asus Maximus VIII Formula LGA
Corsair HX1000i
Intel i7-6700K Skylake Quad-Core
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX1070
Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance
Samsung SSD 850

My question however is that I have a Intel 750 Series AIC 400GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC SSD... I was wondering since everything is running so smoothly on the Samsung, would it be the same with the intel sad if I just copy everything right over? or would I need any specific drivers or kext files?

Thanks guys!

NVMe drives are not supported natively in Sierra 10.12. See RehabMan's [Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof. Search the thread as there were several questions about using the Intel 750 PCIe.

You also might till High Sierra 10.13 debuts in the Fall as there are reports among the Public Beta testers that NVMe SSDs with 512 byte sectors are supported natively.

NVMe drives are not supported natively in Sierra 10.12. See RehabMan's [Guide] HackrNVMeFamily co-existence with IONVMeFamily using class-code spoof. Search the thread as there were several questions about using the Intel 750 PCIe.

You also might till High Sierra 10.13 debuts in the Fall as there are reports among the Public Beta testers that NVMe SSDs with 512 byte sectors are supported natively.

I read that the drive has to be formatted to 4k sectors for it work. I guess I'll just hold off now.
Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back