1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Does anyone know if this adapter will work with the latest OS from Apple? Im curious to see if I could update my MacBook Pro to use the new 802.11ac standard to work with Apple's latest airport. So far I only see windows and linux drivers from intel here... http://tinyurl.com/p3855z8

Thanks

Does anyone know if this adapter will work with the latest OS from Apple? Im curious to see if I could update my MacBook Pro to use the new 802.11ac standard to work with Apple's latest airport. So far I only see windows and linux drivers from intel here... http://tinyurl.com/p3855z8

Thanks

None of the current crop of Intel (Centrino) Wifi adapters work with OS X, so I doubt the new ones will either. But who knows?

I just got one of those an was hoping to install this card on my Mac OS - Intel Thunderbolt NUC.
So understanding much about the linux/bsd world but never really been in touch with Mac OS core - is there voodoo involved in hacking Linux drivers into Mac OS?

Useful board, kudos!

I just got one of those an was hoping to install this card on my Mac OS - Intel Thunderbolt NUC.
So understanding much about the linux/bsd world but never really been in touch with Mac OS core - is there voodoo involved in hacking Linux drivers into Mac OS?

Useful board, kudos!

Got the same NUC off the amazon deal lately -- would be interested once this support is up too ;)

Useful board, kudos!

Linux drivers for some devices have been ported to Mac OS X, but so far nobody has done an Intel Wifi driver, as far as I know. Forum Moderator Lnx2Mac did it for the Realtek 81xx Ethernet chip, maybe you can get some tips from him if you endeavor to try it (I know LOTS of folks would be very happy if you did it).

I also have an Intel NUC i5, and looking for a solution to enable the Intel 7260 HMW 802.11ac Wifi card for OSx. Would be very interested if anyone has already found a solution.

IF I knew how to port Linux drivers to Mac OS X, I'd be willing to take it on, as I have the same card, and right now I'm using my ethernet port to hook to a range extender/wifi adaptor/pocket router (TP-Link R700N) that has to plug into a wall socket for power.. not very convenient.. I've even tried my USB 2.0 adapter (Realtek RTL 8192EU (flaky driver and support in OS X - will get IP address, but has to be STRONG wifi signal to get pages to load)) - the other solution, which will run off the built-in OOB kext for the ethernet RTL8111B, well.. I think that's obvious.. - so my question is this.. is there a REALLY good guide for porting drivers? as in step-by-step? I've been using Linux for over 15 years, and I used to port Windows drivers for ethernet cards.. (not an easy task.. hours and hours of tweaking and testing and recompiling code.....) - I could do it if I was given the right tools.. (also, I know this is an OLD thread, but I bought the laptop with this card only a couple months ago..)

Thanks all!
~D~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back