Motherboard
Lenovo Legion 7i - 15IMH05
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / RTX 2070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i have a plan to buy a new 11th Gen Gaming Laptop, i've known that the Intel Xe Graphics on the 11th Gen Intel Processor is unsupported on macOS, but referring to the specification, it offers much higher GPU,RAM,even Thunderbolt 4 with similar price to the 10th Gen which makes me think, does this means that i can connect it to an External GPU (like the EXP GDC), use a supported GPU (RX Series/Nvidia Kepler) through the External GPU and have Graphics Acceleration?

For 11th Gen Laptos such as the :
- Intel i7 - 11800H
- Intel i9 - 11900H

What about things such as CPU Power Management? Will they be able to work correctly on the 11th Gen Laptops? Some says that 11th Gen CPUs just require faking the CPU ID to be able to work with macOS

So i have a plan to buy a new 11th Gen Gaming Laptop, i've known that the Intel Xe Graphics on the 11th Gen Intel Processor is unsupported on macOS, but referring to the specification, it offers much higher GPU,RAM,even Thunderbolt 4 with similar price to the 10th Gen which makes me think, does this means that i can connect it to an External GPU (like the EXP GDC), use a supported GPU (RX Series/Nvidia Kepler) through the External GPU and have Graphics Acceleration?

- Intel i7 - 11800H
- Intel i9 - 11900H

What about things such as CPU Power Management? Will they be able to work correctly on the 11th Gen Laptops? Some says that 11th Gen CPUs just require faking the CPU ID to be able to work with macOS
the graphics on those are not supported...

the graphics on those are not supported...
I know, but does this means that i could simply buy and add an External supported Desktop GPU (like the RX560) connect it through the Laptop's m.2 PCI Slot (so i don't use the Integrated GPU) and does it always work? Because i see a lot of people does this to their Hackintosh

I know, but does this means that i could simply buy and add an External supported Desktop GPU (like the RX560) connect it through the Laptop's m.2 PCI Slot (so i don't use the Integrated GPU) and does it always work? Because i see a lot of people does this to their Hackintosh
doesn't really work like that with laptop hacks, best to use either a desktop or a compatible laptop

doesn't really work like that with laptop hacks, best to use either a desktop or a compatible laptop
Not a very productive answer. Let's go over it again. Forget the specific type of hardware EGPU (EXP GDC). Does "any" EGPU work via Thunderbolt with laptops? That is the core aspect, and is a very good question with wide benefits to a type of user. Now, I have read that some people have had some success but I havent looked into it. Now however I may be interest since all Laptops from Intel do not have compatible IGPUs (Desktop is not part of the discussion, have two working ones already)

since all Laptops from Intel do not have compatible IGPUs (Desktop is not part of the discussion, have two working ones already)
most are compatible up to 10th gen, not sure where you go that information from

- Intel i7 - 11800H
- Intel i9 - 11900H

Did you solve this?
most are compatible up to 10th gen, not sure where you go that information from
Not talking about 10th gen, thats old tech. We are moving to 12th gen. Hence why EGPU is a factor

Apple never officially supported anything above the 10th gen. Because of the introduction of a new IGPU architecture on the IGPU on 11th gen, and Apple moving to sillicon, the only way to get Laptop Hackintosh on new intel mobile is via EGPU

Last edited:
Did you solve this?

Not talking about 10th gen, thats old tech. We are moving to 12th gen. Hence why EGPU is a factor

Apple never officially supported anything above the 10th gen. Because of the introduction of a new IGPU architecture on the IGPU on 11th gen, and Apple moving to sillicon, the only way to get Laptop Hackintosh on new intel mobile is via EGPU
yes, I know, that is why I have to keep telling everyone that 11th Gen onwards is not supported

yes, I know, that is why I have to keep telling everyone that 11th Gen onwards is not supported
Or... further development progression for powering the Laptops with EGPU

The new batch of HX alder lakes are no joke, those are the full fat Desktop CPU stuck into laptops

Or... further development progression for powering the Laptops with EGPU

The new batch of HX alder lakes are no joke, those are the full fat Desktop CPU stuck into laptops
let us know how you get on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back