Contribute
Register

Intel 10th Generation Desktop CPUs and Motherboards Delayed Until Late May

Status
Not open for further replies.
With who? @onmybikedrunk

I don't mean to offend you.

You just don't seem to really understand how companies work. We're talking about a billion-dollar business and a competitive struggle.

Nobody wants to share and this is understandable. How can you increase your market, if you're sharing and working together with your opponent?

Last edited:
Another paper launch!
I made a big mistake an sold my 7960X to buy the "new" 10980XE.
As right now, I'm still waiting for 10980XE that supposedly launched last year,
sold out every where, and out of stock from day 1. I guess what my main system it's been off for a few months. I can't use it because I don't have a CPU.

Everybody knows about Intel problems or struggles. They need to upgrade their facilities, where they make the processors, which is why they haven't move to 10 or 7 nm.

Well, maybe that is the reason why or is just an excuse. I'm just waiting to see if they announce something new that uses quad channel like the x299. If a better CPU comes out then I don't care about getting a new motherboard.

Also, I will like to see what Apple will do next when 10.16 comes out.

I suspect Apple is getting tired of Intel's crap, too. Between security issues, and falling behind in performance as of late, they'll either switch to AMD short term on high performance end while pushing ARM on their lower end (like air) line.

I agree about Intel's delays, security issues, performance.
I'm an Intel fan but I am realistic and everything you wrote is true.
There is no point on denying that or even try to argue about it.
It is a lost cause

But Apple is also guilty about some other stuff, too.

It will be nice if Apple switches to AMD, and Apple continue to to the same thing that they been doing for the last few years.
Then most Apple lovers will defend Apple saying that Intel is guilty because Apple had to switch to AMD, and that's why everything is happening now, because of apple transition from Intel to AMD.

I think the big problem Apple has is because they release a new OS every year and that includes their complete line up.
I know they have different departments for each OS but this is why quality control has declined.

What I find out to be the best way to deal with this problem is to not follow up Apple.

This is the way to do it, or maybe the way I do it.
Stay on Mojave 10.14.6 until Apple reaches Catalina 10.15.6.
Then, when Apple releases the new version of macOS 10.16, don't jump on it right away unless you don't care about bugs, performance and security issues.

I know my English is not perfect, but what I'm trying to explain is better to stay one year behind Apple. Rushed, unfinished, unpolished buggy latest OS. that way you can enjoy a more stable OS and have a more enjoyable user experience.

But I know it's hard to stay away from the latest macOS, and the latest features.
But Catalina has made that very easy for most real Mac owners.
Most people has given up on Catalina and revert back to Mojave.
This none of this is Intel's fault.

Intel 10th Generation Desktop "Comet Lake" CPU Lineup

JwJQtQyVksx0ODlp.jpg

Intel 10th Generation Desktop "Comet Lake" CPU Lineup
Good to see that every CPU gets hyperthreading enabled. Prices look about similar to the previous 9th gen. Hopefully Intel will have enough supply to meet demand. Only three are unlocked which is disappointing for overclockers.
  1. Intel Core i3-10100: 4 cores, 8 threads 4.3GHz Turbo
  2. Intel Core i3-10300: 4 cores, 8 threads, 4.4GHz Turbo
  3. Intel Core i3-10320: 4 cores, 8 threads, 4.6GHz Turbo
  4. Intel Core i5-10400: 6 cores, 12 threads, 4.3GHz Turbo
  5. Intel Core i5-10500: 6 cores, 12 threads, 4.5GHz Turbo
  6. Intel Core i5-10600: 6 cores, 12 threads, 4.8GHz Turbo
  7. Intel Core i5-10600K: 6 cores, 12 threads, 4.8GHz Turbo
  8. Intel Core i7-10700: 8 cores, 16 threads, 4.8GHz Turbo
  9. Intel Core i7-10700K: 8 cores, 16 threads, 5.1GHz Turbo
  10. Intel Core i9-10900: 10 cores, 20 threads, 5.1GHz Turbo
  11. Intel Core i9-10900K: 10 cores, 20 threads, 5.2GHz Turbo

If I want a new Hack, would you wait for the 10th generation?

The new Comet Lake-S CPUs will still be built in the now extremely refined 14 nm process, and allegedly keep the same 16 PCIe 3.0 lanes as current Coffee Lake Refresh offerings. The new CPU offerings from Intel are expected to roll out in Q2 2020.

From Techpowerup.com

More of the same. 14nm process, add a few cores, delayed product launch and 16 PCIe 3.0 Lanes. :yawn:
More cores is never something to snore about. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back