Contribute
Register

Intel 10th Generation Desktop CPUs and Motherboards Delayed Until Late May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel's new 400-Series chipset and "Comet Lake S" CPUs will be delayed- officially announced on April 30, and available May 29th. Formerly retail units would have been available at the announcement at the end of April.

Source:
What I am excited for is will Intel bring us VP9 and HDR 10 Bit support in their iGPUs? These new features will be magic for me as person that uses FCPX to edit videos. :)

Intel officially announced the 10th gen chips with price cuts to better compete with AMD. I was planning on doing a build with the 9900K and the designare board based on CaseySJ's golden build. But the slight price cut and increased core count on top of rumors of new iMacs witih these chips has me thinking about waiting a little longer

Attachments

• dims-1.jpg
    dims-1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 96
  • dims.jpg
    dims.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 104
But the slight price cut and increased core count.
Something people don't see, that Intel doesn't want you to see:

RCP Pricing (USD 1K) What does that actually mean ?

Screen Shot 3.jpg

It means that's the price per CPU when you buy 1000 of them. So you'll never buy one single CPU at that price. Maybe if you buy a mobo/CPU combo deal at Microcenter you might get closer to that price. In reality most will cost more than those listed prices in the charts. Here's a current example. i9-9900K USD 1K = $488
Screen Shot 4.jpg

Selling for $529 at www.Newegg.com So when the new chips from Intel come out they won't sell for the USD 1K price. Maybe after a few years from now you may see some tenth gen Intel CPUs at closer to the USD 1K price point.

Screen Shot 5.jpg

The new i7-10700K is available for pre-order right now at a substantial markup to the RCP of $374. Over $50 more. It's the price you have to pay to be the first to get one. High demand means higher prices. It is still over $100 less than the 9th gen 9900K costs. Basically the same CPU.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
It means that's the price per CPU when you buy 1000 of them. So you'll never buy one single CPU at that price. Maybe if you buy a mobo/CPU combo deal at Microcenter you might get closer to that price. In reality most will cost more than those listed prices in the charts. Here's a current example. i9-9900K USD 1K = $488

Dang I didn't notice that. That's a good point. The 10700K though is essentially the 9900K but cheaper so that's good at least. And now all of their chips have hyper-threading/SMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back