Contribute
Register

Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attach example.

yeah, I have done something before giving a comment!!!!

EX: I'm using XRP to tracking process and memory of internal card and GPU.

I'm using Final cut to export a video to 4k.

case 1: When I'm using only GPU to export it take about 1min and GPU chart in XRP changing when I did this process.
But when I do ur solution to take the internal card and GPU working it takes more than 2mins because this process only using internal, I tracked it in XRP chart, only internal chart changing during the process and GPU don't do anything, only 0% used. During this process, my hack working very lagging because my system takes the internal card to do another process( export video) and GPU doesn't use anymore.

Thanks for your response!

Hi toleda thanks for your answer, I did every thing you suggested but the problem is still there (disabled fixes and patches in ACPI-Tab, removed kext files).

The only difference is: I now have to unplug and replug the bootdisplay on IGPU HDMI, because otherwise it only shows me the verbose information and stays there. If I unplug and replug I'll see the Desktop. Monitor on gtx1050 stays black and is not recognized in system profiler.

I'm sorry I can't test it with all 4 displays attached, because my studio is in use (running by my old system), but I think if 1 display is running with the gtx1050, 3 monitors will work too (or not?) because they do if IGPU is disabled.

See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

I'm not using any dsdt.aml or ssdt.aml in Clover/ACPI/Patched so I thought these 3 files are what you need or do I miss something?

Thanks again for helping...

Attachments

• ga z270x ud5 bios f1-files v2.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 122
Hi,

Is it possible to connect one monitor to the dGPU and one to the iGPU?

I tried it with the guide and got each monitor running but not at the same time. The best thing i achieved is that the screen secondary screen (dGPU) stays black after boot even though it is recognised correctly. I can set the screen resolution and place windows there but i can't see it because the screen stays black.

Please help me get my Dual4K@60Hz :)

Last edited:
Hi,

after a lot of testing and no solution I give up. I now use a second DGPU (nvidia 210), which works out of the box and will forget the IGPU.
Just a remark: After reinstalling IntelGraphicsFixup.kext the unplug/replug problem to make the IGPU display work is solved.
WhateverGreen.kext doesn't do nothing in this case.
So thanks again, but I don't think that there is a solution to make my combination of IGPU/DGPU work.

Hi,
just a small update. When updating my main system from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 I realized that I'm getting the same problem with my nvidia 210, that I had with the HD530:
Both GPUs are recognized but only the display on the gt210 works, The display attached to the 1050 ti stays black and is not listed in system profiler.

This happens after installing nvidia webdriver. With legacy OSX drivers both GPUs work, but of course without any acceleration and so. I assume that nvidia webdrivers for 10.12.6 have a problem with 2 GPUs. I don't know if this is only a problem with the 1050ti or if all other cards that use webdrivers act the same. (the 210 doesn't need them).

Next thing I'll try is Sierra 10.12.5 with HD530 and gtx1050ti and see if this combination works also with this older system.

Would be nice to hear if somebody has 10.12.6 with Intel GPU and Nvidia GPU working.

Hi, I need to have 4 monitors running on my audio system (ga z270x ud5, 6700k, gtx1050ti).

It is no problem to run the gtx1050 with 3 monitors, but since the displaylink drivers for sierra don't work properly, I'm trying to use the IGPU HD530 for the 4. monitor to run.

I tried different solutions and the last one was in this thread.

I'm able to run the gtx 1050 alone and also the HD530 alone without any problem, but if try to run both together,

(IGPU enabled, first display, 1. monitor to IGPU HDMI port (boot display), 2. monitor to gtx 1050 DVI port)

the 2. monitor will stay black, although the gtx 1050 is recognised in the system profiler and seems to be installed correctly
(all data for gtx1050 look correct).
The system profiler also shows that there is no monitor connected, but I have an DVI monitor (Medion) attached to the DVI Port.
The DVI monitor is working perfectly if I only use the gtx1050.

I read in some threads about quicksync, that one could only use the IGPU headless, because otherwise the discrete gfx card won't work correctly (same problem I have), but I hope that you could help me to get the 4. monitor working.

Thanks for your work all the years, I've learned a lot over here.
i have very simillar issue with R9 270x GPU here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/hd530-amd7000controller-kext-framebuffer-issues.259538/

I use a imac14,2 SysDef with HD4600 and GTX1060.
What the different between 0D220003 and 0x04120004 ?
I put lilu and whatevergreen in kexts without bootargs.
Set CLOVER/config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/YES ig-platform-id 0x04120004.
And HDMI connect to discrete graphics ,looks like it works fine.
VDAchecker as follows, is there any other way to detect the working status of 2 cards?
Code:
GVA info: Successfully connected to the Intel plugin, offline Gen75
Hardware acceleration is fully supported

Monitor on gtx1050 stays black and is not recognized in system profiler.
Apology for the delay in replying.
1050 Ti shows no displays attached, will not show in profiler until display is connected
1050 Ti has invalid PM configuration
I think if 1 display is running with the gtx1050
Nothing is connected

The problem is the 1050 Ti, HD530 is configured properly and working
Verify Post #1/BIOS settings
Attach new files with a displays connected to 530 and 1050 Ti.

Is it possible to connect one monitor to the dGPU and one to the iGPU?
Yes, purpose of the thread.
See Post #1/Settings and Installation
Restart, reply with Problem Reporting files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back