Contribute
Register

Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have included the system profile. Config plist is minimal {attached}.

Attachments

• clover.zip
    361.5 KB · Views: 73
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 203
The problem is my mobo has one output(DP) as stated earlier, buying computer accessories is nearly impossible in my country. I know the gt 210 is very weak but i need it to power a 1366x768 monitor.

@toleda I have configured my Skylake system as per your OP and it is working rather well. The only problem is that I can only select the resolutions per the attached jpeg. The monitor is a 4k LG-27UD58 with its HDMI input ports well capable of doing 3840 x 2160. I have 2 of these monitors and they both manage these resolutions when connected to the Nvidia GTX 970. The onboard Intel 530 can also handle these resolutions out of the hdmi port as per the handbook for this mobo.
Somewhere I am missing something, would appreciate if you could provide a pointer for me so that I can try and fix this. The second monitor, same model, connected to the GTX 970 works at all the resolutions including 3840 x 2160.
Thanks

Attachments

• Resolution display.jpeg
    Resolution display.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 161
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files
I have ordered a gt1030 will arrive in two weeks. Thanks... Will report if i hv further issues. Thanks.

The onboard Intel 530 can also handle these resolutions out of the hdmi port as per the handbook for this mobo.
GA-Z170X-UD3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global:
  • 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    • Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
HD530/HDMI: 3840 x 2160@60 Hz is not supported natively.
HD530/DP: 3840 x 2160@60 Hz is supported natively, not available on your motherboard
Search: SwitchResX and mac pixel clock patch

Off topic

GA-Z170X-UD3 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global:
  • 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@24 Hz
    • Support for HDMI 1.4 version.
HD530/HDMI: 3840 x 2160@60 Hz is not supported natively.
HD530/DP: 3840 x 2160@60 Hz is supported natively, not available on your motherboard
Search: SwitchResX and mac pixel clock patch

Off topic
Hi @toleda I don't know how this posting ended up in this thread here today, I never posted anything during the whole day, we have a public holiday here and I was not even at home, sorry about that. I think there may be something wrong with the database on this forum. Sorry for the inconvenience. I seem to recollect that I may have posted this some time ago on a completely different thread though. Maybe somebody moved it here but I cannot even find my original posting you are quoting :)
Greetings.

In post #1, at the "Installation" part, I think there is a typo: 5912000 should be 59120000.
After the 10.13.4 update, many people (including me) have experienced graphics flickering with Intel HD 630 / UHD 630. I read that some people could fix it by changing iMac18,x system definition to iMac17,1. (link, link, link)

What do you think about it @toleda? Is it still worth using iMac18 sys def with HD 630 / UHD 630?
I really don't want to change my sys def because it could brick iMessage, mess up iCloud and so on... :)
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back