Contribute
Register

Integrated and Discrete Graphics, Working Together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1 says 1. Init Display First: IGPU

1 or 2?

Does not support 3440x1440

I tried init display first iGPU but it had the same problem. Then on the notes #4 there was that it should work on dGPU first so I tried that also.

One display.

With just iGPU i get 3440 x1440 @ 60Hz via HDMI. Why wouldn't it work with iGPU + dGPU?

I got it working, I had two problems. First on the guide there is a typo on step one (5912000). After I fixed it, I thought it still doesn't work, but it turned out my display was using HDMI from iGPU and I had to remove HDMI cable and leavy just the DP from dGPU.

What does the step 3 do exactly, I didn't guite understood why it is optional and what does it do (Post #142)?

hen on the notes #4 there was that it should work on dGPU first so I tried that also.
Note 4 says RadeonDeInit/YES required, not present in attached config.plist
One display.
This thread addresses 2 or more displays using both graphics systems. One display, off topic.
With just iGPU i get 3440 x1440 @ 60Hz via HDMI. Why wouldn't it work with iGPU + dGPU?
Intel HD Graphics/HDMI spec: 1980x1080@60hz max
Clearly not using iGPU

Last edited:
Note 4 says RadeonDeInit/YES required, not present in attached config.plist

What was the optonal part about, referring to post #142? Did I understood correctly that it could work with init display dGPU first?

This thread addresses 2 or more displays using both graphics systems. One display, off topic.

What's the difference? I thought the point is making macOS to use both GPU's?

Intel HD Graphics/HD4000 spec: 1980x1080@60hz, 3440 x1440 @ 24Hz
Clearly not using iGPU, HDMI connector is on dGPU. Off topic.

No. HD4000 is perfectly fine on 3440x1440@60Hz if using DP1.2, I have it set up on my laptop with HD4000. Although you need to hack framebuffer memory size.

Anyway I was talking about KBL HD630.

What was the optonal part about, referring to post #142? Did I understood correctly that it could work with init display dGPU first?
No, it won't. Your experiment is not valid, 2 display required.
What's the difference
What is the title of the thread?
Update your profile.

No, it won't. Your experiment is not valid, 2 display required.

What is the title of the thread?
Update your profile.

Have I misundertood what this is about? iMac uses both iGPU and dGPU with one display, isn't this the same thing?

I'll add it in the profile when the build is finished.

Hello, thanks for guide!
My system is intel 6700k with hd 530, i also have gt 210 (i know the guide says gt 4xx or newer). I am running high seirra 10.13.3. Hd 530 works out of the box, gt 210 requires inject nvdia set to true or a kext to work. Both work individually, together causes a kernel panic(graphics firmware) ...Can they work together? I use intel to power primary 4K display, i want gt 210 to power secondary monitor. No heavy graphics just text editing! Please give feedback, i will post error later. Thanks for the guide.
Ps. Getting another gpu is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back