Status
Not open for further replies.
Settings
  1. BIOS/AMI/Advanced/System Agent
    1. Enable Integrated Graphics
    2. Set Integrated Graphics(examples)
      1. Init Display First: IGPU
      2. Primary Display: IGPU
In previous versions other than High Sierra with AMD HD 7970 I had to set IGPU as primary to get this AirPlay working correctly, but mainly because of the black screen/wake issues found with AMD cards. But since Mieze's findings with base address registers and Slice's adding RadeonDeInit=true with clover version 4296 or greater I've been able to boot fine with CSM disabled and IGPU as secondary and AirPlay is still working fine along with all black screen/wake issues are resolved. Mentioning in case you wanna test it and possibly update the guide.
Note:
I am using a framebuffer patch for this card in High Sierra w/ RadeonDeInit=true injectATI=true FBName=Namako with injectIntel=true ig-platform-id=0d220003.

Mentioning in case you wanna test it and possibly update the guide.
Added a Post #1 reference to your post above.
Thank you for your contributions.

Post #1 updated: v2.0 - 11/25/2017 - High Sierra

SKL VGA port work from 10.12.x and up, just need ig-platform-id 0x193B0005.
Using a DP connector for VGA display, not recommended. There are no VGA connectors in any macOS Intel framebuffer.

Using a DP connector for VGA display, not recommended. There are no VGA connectors in any macOS Intel framebuffer.

It is not DP to VGA connector, is real VGA from mobo. My HD630 VGA port also work from 10.12.6 use 0x59120000.

Also see below link, another SKL user VGA also work.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/boot-fails-on-skylake-530-graphics-load-only-using-dvi.237783/

Edit: Indeed SKL VGA port start work from 10.11.4 but need FB patch.
Previously, I have built a 3 display hackintosh in 10.11.6.
MSI B250 PRO-VDH 3 display output (VGA, DVI, HDMI)
Pentium G4500
HD530
I remember, AOC 3288 is connected to VGA port.

See attached png.

Attachments

• 3 display 2.png
    3 display 2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
It is not DP to VGA connector
macOS, not motherboard/VGA connector:
AppleIntelSKLFramebuffer (binary)/0x05 00 3B 19/03 06 0A 00 00 04 00 00 C7 01 00 00
00 04 = DP connector
This thread does not support unsupported macOS features, i.e., VGA displays.
Off topic.
see below link
DVI problem, not VGA. macOS supports motherboard DVI with an Intel framebuffer/HDMI connector (including audio), see Post #1/Intel HD6000+/HD5500/HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits.

Last edited:
I just tried to boot with injectIntel=true ig-platform-id 0x19122000 and IGPU first as per the first post, but that leads to a blackscreen. Platform-id can't be matched(or something to that extent) error just before the system gets stuck. It's not just the screen that is black, the system hangs. Can't login with VNC. Tried another screen connected to my iGPU too, but also blackscreen and stall.
Changing back to PEG first in BIOS doesn't work either, I had to boot from my backup and change ig-platform-id back to 0x19020001 before I was able to boot normally again. Weird.

i neither see on DP link, only a black screen (el capitan, sierra)
i got the same, but when video link are present both seems run (hdmi, hdmi-D),
but integre video (HD530) don 't appear in my SMC17,1:

A-how to fix
B-DHCP video don t run of course...

NOTA:zipb, i saw your configuration, i am interresst if you have a EFI.zip (plz remove uuid etc..., )
thank

i neither see on DP link, only a black screen (el capitan, sierra)
i got the same, but when video link are present both seems run (hdmi, hdmi-D),
but integre video (HD530) don 't appear in my SMC17,1:

A-how to fix
B-DHCP video don t run of course...

NOTA:zipb, i saw your configuration, i am interresst if you have a EFI.zip (plz remove uuid etc..., )
thank

More info here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...hics-in-imac-17-1.216447/page-30#post-1616180

Please remember, I have an AMD setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back