Gigabyte H81M
CPU
Graphics
headless
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Like the title says, I'm having an issue with instant wake on sleep.

Here's a copy of my system.log, I just typed in 'wake' in the search.....
1/25/16 8:05:40.000 PM kernel[0]: Opened file /var/log/SleepWakeStacks.bin, size 172032, extents 1, maxio 2000000 ssd 11/25/16 8:05:41.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason: GLAN EHC2 EHC1
1/25/16 8:05:45.000 PM kernel[0]: full wake request (reason 1) 1 ms
1/25/16 8:05:45.334 PM WindowServer[174]: CGXDisplayDidWakeNotification [1456307251472]: posting kCGSDisplayDidWake
1/25/16 8:05:45.000 PM kernel[0]: [IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport][SetRemoteWakeUp] -- deviceRequest() failed: 0xE0005000 (kUSBHostReturnPipeStalled)
1/25/16 8:05:46.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 1457.242886: AirPort_Brcm43xx::powerChange: System Wake - Full Wake/ Dark Wake / Maintenance wake
1/25/16 8:05:46.000 PM kernel[0]: ARPT: 1457.743768: IOPMPowerSource Information: onWake, SleepType: Normal Sleep,
1/25/16 8:05:46.864 PM sharingd[335]: 20:05:46.863 : Starting AirDrop server for user 501 on wake

I googled around to see that this is likely a USB issue, but I have a Renesas chipset USB and I can't seem to find much information on that old card.

I'm running Clover 3270 and my WiFi/Bluetooth card is a BCM94352HMB, using GenericUSBXHCI, BrcmFirmwareStore, and BrcmPatchRAM2.

Thanks for any help

Like the title says, I'm having an issue with instant wake on sleep.

Here's a copy of my system.log, I just typed in 'wake' in the search.....

I googled around to see that this is likely a USB issue, but I have a Renesas chipset USB and I can't seem to find much information on that old card.

I'm running Clover 3270 and my WiFi/Bluetooth card is a BCM94352HMB, using GenericUSBXHCI, BrcmFirmwareStore, and BrcmPatchRAM2.

Thanks for any help

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I definitely think you're right in that this is a DSDT issue. I've been a little busy with classes but I have gotten a chance to apply the series 6 USB patch found on your Github, among testing some other things out.

From what I understand, this is intended for use with native AppleUSBXHCI.kext, which in my troubleshooting I had extracted from AppleIOUSBHubFamily from a fresh install of El Cap just to make sure mine wasn't somehow incorrect.

I can see the kexts are loaded in Kext Wizard, and the DSDT is definitely patched..

I have a Renesas controller for my two USB3 ports, and one of the USB 3 ports does work although there is no USB 3 at all reported in System Report.

Strangely enough, my bluetooth functions ONLY after the Laptop has gone to sleep. On a fresh boot the Bluetooth is greyed out, says it's unavailable, and does not even show up in System Preferences. I suspect that it's not quite operating as it should even when it does appear after sleep, but I haven't had a lot of time to extensively test this.

Last edited:
I definitely think you're right in that this is a DSDT issue. I've been a little busy with classes but I have gotten a chance to apply the series 6 USB patch found on your Github, among testing some other things out.

From what I understand, this is intended for use with native AppleUSBXHCI.kext, which in my troubleshooting I had extracted from AppleIOUSBHubFamily from a fresh install of El Cap just to make sure mine wasn't somehow incorrect.

I can see the kexts are loaded in Kext Wizard, and the DSDT is definitely patched..

I have a Renesas controller for my two USB3 ports, and one of the USB 3 ports does work although there is no USB 3 at all reported in System Report.

Strangely enough, my bluetooth functions ONLY after the Laptop has gone to sleep. On a fresh boot the Bluetooth is greyed out, says it's unavailable, and does not even show up in System Preferences. I suspect that it's not quite operating as it should even when it does appear after sleep, but I haven't had a lot of time to extensively test this.

Refer to the discussion surrounding "instant wake" in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back