RX 6900 XT / RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, hope all are well!

Thanks to another user on my previous thread, I was able to install Monterey! The trick was using OpenCore 0.7.4 and AdviseFeatures=True to install.

Now, one of the only things remaining, which I also faced in the beta, was this instant reboot when selecting restart or shutdown. It happens before the pop-up even comes up on screen. It's an instant crash & restart. Anyone got any experience with it? I'm sure its a boot flag just like the other fix.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve had the same experience with my EFI, had to adjust mine to someone else’s EFI plist here and worked.

I’ve had the same experience with my EFI, had to adjust mine to someone else’s EFI plist here and worked.
Did you ever figure out what change it was that fixed it?

I remember back in the clover days there was a "Fix Shutdown" flag that took care of just about every shutdown issue lol

With 0.7.4 the pop-up to shutdown will appear, but it'll still restart the computer with "your computer restarted because of a problem" or whatever to that effect

I only experienced this while using the FakePCIID and FakePCIID_IntelHDMIAudio kexts. Try removing them and see if you still have the same issue.

Thanks dancarabina!
i had the same problem, and removing FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext solved issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back