1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I just tried updating to Sierra following the guide( http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.195077/) and successfully got into the installer.

I selected my Hackintosh SSD drive to install onto and it went to 100% in about 6 mins. It then reboots back to the USB clover. If I start OSX from the USB clover or the SSD clover, I get back into El Capitan. It asks for iCloud passwords etc but overall nothing much has changed. It seems to be installing it to the middle of nowhere?

Any ideas? I tried booting back into the USB (mac OS utilities) like I did the first time, but I get back to that menu and nothing changed.

Thanks!

I did a fresh install instead of updating, but for me. After the installing screen, during the first boot i had to boot macOS install from the USB again, which gave me a black screen, white apple logo and a install progress bar. I just let it finish the progress. After that i was able to boot to Sierra normally.

I'm not sure why it did the progress twice, but it worked.
And sorry for my bad English skills. :p

I did a fresh install instead of updating, but for me. After the installing screen, during the first boot i had to boot macOS install from the USB again, which gave me a black screen, white apple logo and a install progress bar. I just let it finish the progress. After that i was able to boot to Sierra normally.

I'm not sure why it did the progress twice, but it worked.
And sorry for my bad English skills. :p

I did try booting from the USB again, but it just came back up with "mac OS utilities" like it did when I booted from USB installer the first time.

The same happened to me so i just decided to make a fresh install. Which is weird because with clover updating should be possible. There should be a boot OS X install option on the first boot. If you choose your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. It might just be that something has been changed by apple that clover does not recognize yet.

EDIT: One thing you could do is make sure SIP is disabled.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 19.13.08.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 19.13.08.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hmmm... Not sure what else you could try.
Since you are using clover, Have you tried updating directly with the Install macOS Sierra Public Beta.app?
I tried with the app itself, no dice. Used clover 3602 to create the USB (linked from Insanely Mac) and I'm in (hopefully)!

Attachments

• IMG_2651.JPG
    IMG_2651.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 198
I tried with the app itself, no dice. Used clover 3602 to create the USB (linked from Insanely Mac) and I'm in (hopefully)!
so u changed SIP to 0x67 or what value cause i have the same issue.

The issue was a bug (typo) in Clover releases under version 3600, so it was looking for the wrong installation data folder on the root of the filesystem. Any version after 3600 should solve that problem.

The issue was a bug (typo) in Clover releases under version 3600, so it was looking for the wrong installation data folder on the root of the filesystem. Any version after 3600 should solve that problem.
i cant seem to find any newer than r3599! any idea where to get the r3600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back