CPU
Intell Core i5 4690
Graphics
MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After last nights release of the HaswellHelper utility (thanks for that Tony!), I decided to give it a go to what I got working so far, and what simply isn't working. The idea is for me to update this thread bit by bit once I got more stuff working!

The Hardware:
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H Rev 1 F6 Firmware
Intel i7 4770K (running stock for now)
MSI GTX770
OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
Software: Macos X 10.8.4

BIOS Settings:
I went with default out-of-the-box settings but disabled the marvell controller and wake on ethernet.

Intel SATA Controller:
Use this one, and this one only. I ran into a lot of problems (read: crashes) with the marvell controller. Connecting the boot disk to SATA Port 1 as I experienced a lot of crashes when disk OI went up a lot when it was connected to SATA Port 0. I didn't use SATA port 0 at all for this matter. Don't ask me why this is, for some reason the system became 1000% more stable when I did this.

The installation:
This one is pretty straight forward. Follow the guide. Once you get to the multibeast part, make sure install GraphicEnabler=No as well.

Audio:
Thanks to toleda and fussel for linking the this page!
You have confirmed what is already known; no sound on X79 with the ML AppleHDA.kext. See Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

1. Delete S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Download the Interim AppleHDA.kext.
3. Download MultiBeast 4.6.1 and KextBeast
4. Run Multibeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ and select:Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC898
5. Copy Interim AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

Getting stuff to work:
You can use multibeast to install some more stuff. I've installed the Intel Network driver and fakesmc plugins.

Stuff that's NOT working:

Audio:
This is the ACL898, from what I've read about it, this thing has been (and is?) a pain in the ass. It's working but there is this static blip coming trough the speakers ever so now and then if you connect the speakers to the green port. In my case, connecting the speakers (2-way) to the orange or black port worked a lot better although you cannot control the volume then.

Second network port and teaming:
While there is a kext for it which works perfectly and enables the port as solo ethernet port (I've attached it), teaming doesn't work and will crash your system as soon as you try to apply the network settings.

iCloud:
I cannot connect to iCloud, however some people can.

Will keep this thread updated whenever I fixed something :D

Attachments

• AppleIGB.kext.zip
    115.5 KB · Views: 295
same MoBo. with your attached kext only the Mic is working. no sound output. i got sound out working with voodoohda 2.8.4 from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/ . but there the mic is not working :(

installed fakesmc and nullcpupower... from multibeast.
i updated fakesmc from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/files/?source=navbar
installed the 2 network kext AppleIGB.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/files/Kext/Snow_Lion/

my icloud is working very well.

do you have a DSDT?

Got Audio with AppleHDA with Sound Output and working Mic to work with 10.8.4:

this helped:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/763...olutions-problem-reporting-54.html#post651641

You have confirmed what is already known; no sound on X79 with the ML AppleHDA.kext. See Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

1. Delete S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext
2. Download the Interim AppleHDA.kext.
3. Download MultiBeast 4.6.1 and KextBeast
4. Run Multibeast 4.6.1/Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/ and select:Non-DSDT Enabler/ALC898
5. Copy Interim AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
6. Run KextBeast.
7. Reastart

Sweet, that audio thing worked! Although it gives a static blip every few seconds on the green audio port, it seems ok on the black / orange ports.

I don't get why iCloud works for you. All I get is the silly error...will fool around with it for a bit.

Updated the 1st post with the extra info.

try smbios.plist with imac 13.2 (with chameleon wizard) or macbookair 6.2 (http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2013/06/14/new-macpro-modelboard-ids/)

i changed to test my smbios.plist to macpro 5.1 and was not able to boot (was hanging at pci configuration begins). with the other 2 solutions its working.

What are the upside/downsides of using a different smbios.plist? Currently I'm using MacPro3,1. I'll try using MacPro5,1 (have to remove some kext if I recall correctly) or imac13,2/

ive started today on my first hackintosh..so ima a big noob.
ive followed the guide iboot+multibeast very closely...but..

my problem is that i installed OSX from the DVD (10.6.3 Original Full DVD) and patched with combo update to 10.6.8 , the run multibeast with easybeast (since GA-Z87X-UD5H have no DSDT dedicated driver) everything went good but the boot..so when i restarted system didnt load OSX nor using iboot..i get whitescreeen with the apple and it stay there stucked..reinstalled too for a second time but i got same problem over and over.

the matter is that installing 10.6.3 from DVD i have no LAN driver so cant connect, updating to 10.6.8 will cause that error of fail-booting..and so i cant buy a mountain lion to try with it+ unibeats

any suggestion for a noob??

I've been last 36 h trying stuffs :(

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD5H
Intel BX80646I74770K Boxed Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Processor

GIGABYTE GV-760OC-2GD

Intel SATA Controller:
Use this one, and this one only. I ran into a lot of problems (read: crashes) with the marvell controller. Connecting the boot disk to SATA Port 1 as I experienced a lot of crashes when disk OI went up a lot when it was connected to SATA Port 0. I didn't use SATA port 0 at all for this matter. Don't ask me why this is, for some reason the system became 1000% more stable when I did this.
I can confirm this as well... SanDisk Extreme II on SATA 0, crash on IO stress (but only when other SATA ports were also loaded). I've been re-ripping my DVD collection to stress test/burn in the machine... I was disappointed that it was freezing under high IO when I'd add some stress... until I realized I'd missed and plugged into port 0 despite having read your setup earlier...

I did find it interesting that loading the boot disk partition was only 30% successful in causing a crash within 30 seconds, but the secondary partition that is part of a fusion drive with a 3TB Barracuda would always crash within 30 seconds. I'm guessing it's the extra load on the SATA controller, but all seems stable now, so I won't sweat it.

So, interestingly, it turned out I had two issues. The SATA issue still seems to be present, but my over-arching stability issue was that the Integrated Video was being loaded by the OS even after I disabled it in BIOS. Deleting the kext files for IntelGraphics fixed it, and we've been stable through nearly 40 hours of heavy workload as I stress test the machine before trusting it to do real work.

Full info on my changes to getting everything stable are in my build thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...i7-4770k-ga-z87x-ud5h-32gb-ram-gtx-770-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back