Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite to HP Envy 17-K218 with Clover - AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 229D
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD5500 / GTX 850M
So far I've followed this guide quite closely.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

The kexts I've included are
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCL.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I used config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist as config.plist. Was this correct? My screen is 1920x1080.

Didn't forget HFSPlus.efi

Laptop specs are as in my sig. It only has USB3 ports, but their configuration is set to 'Auto' for Pre-OS in my BIOS. The dedicated video memory is 128MB.

Currently, I can boot from my flash drive and select "Boot OS X Install from Install OS X Yosemite", and it will run up to this point, and I have to manually shut down the laptop.

ERR1.jpg

How should I go about fixing this?

I've tried UniBeast too. I gotten a few different panic errors leading me to use the followings boot options:
cpus=1 nv_disable=1 DropSSDT=Yes
Running Unibeast with these options leads to the same panic error, which is nice, I guess.

Also, I'm hoping to install this boot alongside existing installations of Windows 10 and Ubuntu 14.04. I don't have too much attachment to these OS instances though, if it is necessary to wipe them.

I'm travelling and leaving my iMac behind on Thursday so I'm desperate!

Thanks,

Alex

Issues installing Yosemite to HP Envy 17-K218 with Clover

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

So far I've followed this guide quite closely.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

The kexts I've included are
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCL.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I used config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist as config.plist. Was this correct? My screen is 1920x1080.

Didn't forget HFSPlus.efi

Laptop specs are as in my sig. It only has USB3 ports, but their configuration is set to 'Auto' for Pre-OS in my BIOS. The dedicated video memory is 128MB.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

You can't trust Win10 for determining if DVMT-prealloc is set correctly.

Hi Rehabman,

You truly are a god among men.

I've attached the folder.

Is there any way I can reliably check my DVMT-prealloc? Not an option in the BIOS for me.

Thank you dearly

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 130
Hi Rehabman,

You truly are a god among men.

I've attached the folder.

Is there any way I can reliably check my DVMT-prealloc? Not an option in the BIOS for me.

Thank you dearly

You can check it in the UEFI shell. See the FAQ for details (have to extract BIOS, find out variable offset, etc).

Sorry to be a pain, but I've tried to find the information you're referring to and cannot; would you mind posting a link for me?

Also, if I find out my DVMT setting is incorrect, am I basically screwed if my BIOS is RSA signed?

Sorry to be a pain, but I've tried to find the information you're referring to and cannot; would you mind posting a link for me?

Also, if I find out my DVMT setting is incorrect, am I basically screwed if my BIOS is RSA signed?

Read up on how to extract BIOS, determine DVMT variable offset, use UEFI shell to examine it (and change it). If you can't change it due to encryption, use the patch.

Info/links are in FAQ in Broadwell info...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back