Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite on Lenovo T450s

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was considering a Lenovo T450 (currently on T420) but was curious about a wifi solution. what did you do about wifi? is there a whitelist ? can you replace the wifi with broadcom or atheros?

According to the thread below, T450s does not have a wifi whitelist anymore :)

https://www.******.com/r/thinkpad/comments/3oxslr/my_t450s_does_not_seem_to_have_a_wifi_card/

ps. I've got a T450s working best with 10.11, on my todo list are:

- two batteries support (anything will be good)
- wifi swap
- better touchpad support (I'm addicted to the trackpad buttons above the touchpad, but they are misinterpreted on rehabman's/jcsnider's kexts

yeah thanks for the reply. i read that same thread on ******. but it was not clear whether the wifi could be replaced or not. it seems there is intent to remove the bios whitelists but they may or may not have done it yet. i was hoping to hear from a T450 T450s user: that yes. i was able replace intel wifi with a atheros or broadcom. a fellow on another thread was about at the same point as you - pretty much everything working but wifi.

Hi spamec, would you consider writing a guide for the T450s? It would be much appreciated! I'm having difficulty finding a straightforward guide for this model.

Hi, I'm wondering whether your MiniDisplay Port is working or not. My T450s will be black screen, If I plug in a screen wire. THX

In addition, T450s can use another wireless card, if you block the bios white-list. It need to be flash the IC of the BIOS. Now my laptop is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back