Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite on Lenovo T450s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove the patch for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.

Removing the patch for AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer in config.plist doesn't help.

Thanks. I located system.log in terminal and found /private/var/log/system.log.
I found a line saying:
Code:
kernel[0]: [IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!

EDIT: And in S/L/E, I found AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsGLDriver.kext, AppleIntelHD5000GraphicsVADriver.kext

Your system (Broadwell) does not use AppleIntelHD5000*. Broadwell is BDW framebuffer, HD6000 series accelerator.

Your system (Broadwell) does not use AppleIntelHD5000*. Broadwell is BDW framebuffer, HD6000 series accelerator.

Ah, well that explains it. May I ask where I can get AppleIntelHD6000 drivers? Because google doesn't yield any results and neither does tonymacx86 search. Also, how come others don't get this error, having 10.10.3 and using the same guides (especially the HD5500 one)? I would guess that they also wouldn't be able to load these drivers.

Ah, well that explains it. May I ask where I can get AppleIntelHD6000 drivers?

They are installed with the OS X installer 10.10.3.

Ah, well that explains it. May I ask where I can get AppleIntelHD6000 drivers? Because google doesn't yield any results and neither does tonymacx86 search. Also, how come others don't get this error, having 10.10.3 and using the same guides (especially the HD5500 one)? I would guess that they also wouldn't be able to load these drivers.

Whoops, I obviously misunderstood that. Was searching for the same pattern, AppleIntelHD6000*.kext :D
What I find in S/L/E is a whole bunch of files AppleIntelBDW*.kext, so I guess drivers are not missing.

Whoops, I obviously misunderstood that. Was searching for the same pattern, AppleIntelHD6000*.kext :D
What I find in S/L/E is a whole bunch of files AppleIntelBDW*.kext, so I guess drivers are not missing.

Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions |grep -y BDW
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:49 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:49 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVAME.bundle

Code:
Speedy-OSX:~ RehabMan$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions |grep -y BDW
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:49 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:48 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVADriver.bundle
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 27 01:49 AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVAME.bundle

Yes, that is exactly what I get. Same permissions and owners (even modification time), so I guess the drivers on my computer are identical to yours.

Yes, that is exactly what I get. Same permissions and owners (even modification time), so I guess the drivers on my computer are identical to yours.

Look at system.log to determine why they are not loading.

So, after a couple of months of being inactive on this, I've decided to try to get Yosemite on T450s again. I tried a fresh install, and now, HD5500 drivers work. The problem with my previous attempt on getting them to work was that I had mistakenly used config.plist from the EFI partition (which I then modified but somehow forgot to add the patching for Intel graphics drivers) and patched the kext myself with a binary editor. This time I copied the config.plist (attached to guide for CarbonX1 2015) and added "-v". After that, I continued patching DSDTs exactly as per the mentioned guide.

So, for now I can report that the system functions somewhat correctly, with working audio, bluetooth, USB 3.0, graphics, trackpad&keyboard, camera, microphone; basically all essential functions/components. Wifi does not work, but that was expected, and the battery status icon does not show correct percentage (also, it does not know whether the power adapter is connected, it always shows as though it's charging).

I have, however, noticed that the operating system can be really slow sometimes in basic operations - the behaviour I am experiencing is that it hangs for a few seconds (or sometimes even for half a minute) after I perform a certain operation. It is really annoying. So I checked the Console for errors that occur when the system gives me the beachball and I found out that there is a diagnostic message that keeps repeating.

Code:
09/09/15 14:16:15,202 powerd[48]: SCPreferences(Power Management configd plugin:com.apple.PowerManagement.xml) lock held for 1.643 seconds
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.SystemConfiguration.SCPreferencesUnlock
com.apple.message.signature: Power Management configd plugin
com.apple.message.signature2: com.apple.PowerManagement.xml
com.apple.message.value: 1.643
SenderMachUUID: 3533AF53-906D-38D6-B29A-DDDEB6FD91CD

I've started to think that the battery status icon is somehow connected to the occurrences of system idleness. One thing more that I have to point out here is that the T450s has 2 batteries - 1 internal and 1 removable. And as noted, I patched the DSDT according to the guide for CarbonX1 (so i used the ThinkPad X220 battery patch). I'm guessing that this inappropriate patching might be the underlying cause for power management errors.

I'd be glad to hear your advice on solving this issue. :)

...and the battery status icon does not show correct percentage (also, it does not know whether the power adapter is connected, it always shows as though it's charging).

I've started to think that the battery status icon is somehow connected to the occurrences of system idleness. One thing more that I have to point out here is that the T450s has 2 batteries - 1 internal and 1 removable. And as noted, I patched the DSDT according to the guide for CarbonX1 (so i used the ThinkPad X220 battery patch). I'm guessing that this inappropriate patching might be the underlying cause for power management errors.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Press F4 at main Clover screen to dump native ACPI files. Post EFI/Clover folder.

I have, however, noticed that the operating system can be really slow sometimes in basic operations - the behaviour I am experiencing is that it hangs for a few seconds (or sometimes even for half a minute) after I perform a certain operation. It is really annoying.

Broadwell graphics hangs are common on hacks with 10.10. Try 10.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back