Motherboard
HP ENVY dv7-7212nr Notebook
CPU
i7-3630QM/HM77
Graphics
GT 650M/HD 4000, (1920x1080)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I am new to these forums and hope to contribute when I become more knowledgeable in the OSX scene.

My specs are on the right side [profile] or to repost in case this system goes away:

Now to get to the point. I found a thread here that RehabMan saved the day for the OP, and the OP's system was almost identical to mine. The difference is he wanted to install Mavericks, I want to install Yosemite (if possible). See thread below.
Installing Mavericks on HP Envy DV7 - Stuck on Apple Logo

I prepared everything for a USB install, and am able to boot into UEFI clover.
If I just try to boot with a common config it hangs at the "System Uptime in Nanoseconds"
Note the common config had these bootflags:
-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
However, after reading the thread linked above on Mavericks, I followed RehabMan's advice and added the following bootflags to my config.
IGPlatformID=01660004 cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

This makes my current bootflags:
IGPlatformID=01660004 cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

From here, I am able to get further. However after everything finishes, I get the "still waiting for root device" followed by the 'do-not' icon. I attached a picture of everything I see during boot- and the failure.

IMG_0348.jpgIMG_0347.jpg

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hello! I am new to these forums and hope to contribute when I become more knowledgeable in the OSX scene.

My specs are on the right side [profile] or to repost in case this system goes away:

Now to get to the point. I found a thread here that RehabMan saved the day for the OP, and the OP's system was almost identical to mine. The difference is he wanted to install Mavericks, I want to install Yosemite (if possible). See thread below.
Installing Mavericks on HP Envy DV7 - Stuck on Apple Logo

I prepared everything for a USB install, and am able to boot into UEFI clover.
If I just try to boot with a common config it hangs at the "System Uptime in Nanoseconds"
Note the common config had these bootflags:
-v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1
However, after reading the thread linked above on Mavericks, I followed RehabMan's advice and added the following bootflags to my config.
IGPlatformID=01660004 cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v

This makes my current bootflags:
IGPlatformID=01660004 cpus=1 dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1

From here, I am able to get further. However after everything finishes, I get the "still waiting for root device" followed by the 'do-not' icon. I attached a picture of everything I see during boot- and the failure.

View attachment 142735View attachment 142734

Thanks so much!

Follow one of the guides linked by the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I had actually read the FAQ but failed to completely read the Guide Booting thread. I have reread the guide in full and am happy to report I now get to the Apple logo and then to the installer page-
The only problem is now I have no keyboard or mouse control.
Note: When I was in clover I could only use keyboard, not trackpad.

I had actually read the FAQ but failed to completely read the Guide Booting thread. I have reread the guide in full and am happy to report I now get to the Apple logo and then to the installer page-
The only problem is now I have no keyboard or mouse control.
Note: When I was in clover I could only use keyboard, not trackpad.

Which guide are you following?

What kind of mouse are you using?

If you actually meant 'trackpad' (the pointing device in front of your laptop keyboard is not a mouse), did you copy/install the correct VoodooPS2Controller.kext? (destination depends on bootloader)

Which guide are you following?

What kind of mouse are you using?

If you actually meant 'trackpad' (the pointing device in front of your laptop keyboard is not a mouse), did you copy/install the correct VoodooPS2Controller.kext? (destination depends on bootloader)

Yes, I meant trackpad, misuse of words, sorry.
I followed your Laptop Yosemite guide and used your personal kexts (the three).
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
i am using Clover and copied the kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as your guide recommended. (can't double check right now as OSX is currently installing.)
I am on Win 8, so I shrunk a partition and managed to format it in the OSX installer using an external keyboard and mouse. If it doesn't work out I will just install OSX first and then Windows.

Is there different VoodooPS2Controller.kext files I need to try?
This is the current one I am using:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
i should note Clover detects my keyboard, but trackpad does nothing. The OSX installer refuses input from either.

Yes, I meant trackpad, misuse of words, sorry.
I followed your Laptop Yosemite guide and used your personal kexts (the three).
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html
i am using Clover and copied the kext to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as your guide recommended. (can't double check right now as OSX is currently installing.)
I am on Win 8, so I shrunk a partition and managed to format it in the OSX installer using an external keyboard and mouse. If it doesn't work out I will just install OSX first and then Windows.

Is there different VoodooPS2Controller.kext files I need to try?

i should note Clover detects my keyboard, but trackpad does nothing. The OSX installer refuses input from either.

Your trackpad may not be Synaptics... and even may not be PS2. Or you did something wrong.

We'll find out when you finish installing... and...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Done. Some side things I will look into after trackpad/keyboard is working:
-"shutdown" results in black screen, no shutdown
- After install windows is oddly slow, possibly related to:
- RAID config shows up on boot, despite no RAID
- Ethernet config results in an error on MAC, I think I never provided a ethernet kext yet, so its expected.

Here is my ioreg

View attachment Marduk’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

Done. Some side things I will look into after trackpad/keyboard is working:
-"shutdown" results in black screen, no shutdown
- After install windows is oddly slow, possibly related to:
- RAID config shows up on boot, despite no RAID
- Ethernet config results in an error on MAC, I think I never provided a ethernet kext yet, so its expected.

Here is my ioreg

View attachment 142816

Your Clover/kexts/Other directory is not according to the guide.

From your bootlog:
Code:
4:193  0:018  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
[b]4:193  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AHCIPortInjector.kext[/b]
[b]4:194  0:001    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext[/b]
[b]4:198  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Disabler.kext[/b]
4:206  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
4:214  0:008    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\GenericUSBXHCI.kext
[b]4:225  0:010    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext[/b]
4:228  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
4:233  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
4:235  0:002      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
4:240  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
4:245  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
4:260  0:014    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
4:264  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Kexts NOT called for by the guide are highlighted with bold.

In particular, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext conflicts with the nub already present in VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

After installing there is much work to be done, so don't be surprised if there is a lot of broken functionality. Most of it is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Please try to read carefully.

Your Clover/kexts/Other directory is not according to the guide.

From your bootlog:
Code:
4:193  0:018  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
[B]4:193  0:000    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AHCIPortInjector.kext[/B]
[B]4:194  0:001    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext[/B]
[B]4:198  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Disabler.kext[/B]
4:206  0:007    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\FakeSMC.kext
4:214  0:008    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\GenericUSBXHCI.kext
[B]4:225  0:010    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext[/B]
4:228  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
4:233  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
4:235  0:002      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
4:240  0:004      Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
4:245  0:005    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
4:260  0:014    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
4:264  0:004    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Kexts NOT called for by the guide are highlighted with bold.

In particular, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext conflicts with the nub already present in VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

After installing there is much work to be done, so don't be surprised if there is a lot of broken functionality. Most of it is covered in the FAQ.

Please try to read carefully.

Thank you for all the help and I hope to resolve the rest of my issues on my own.
However removing the four kexts above causes a kernel panic on boot. I will try to find why.

edit: I ended up leaving all the kexts except for the conflicting AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
mouse and keyboard now work!

on to Ethernet and power management :D

edit: Disabler.kext is needed to boot, without it it fails.

Thank you for all the help and I hope to resolve the rest of my issues on my own.
However removing the four kexts above causes a kernel panic on boot. I will try to find why.

edit: I ended up leaving all the kexts except for the conflicting AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext.
mouse and keyboard now work!

on to Ethernet and power management :D

What was the panic? Show photo.

Note: Disabler.kext is generally a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back