Contribute
Register

Installing Yosemite Asrock Z77 Extreme 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mobo doesn't support vt-d and it's currently set to PCI express

Well IGPU should be enabled as "Onboard", not PCI Express 'cause you don't have a discrete graphic card. Set "Primary Graphics Adaptor" to Onboard, save settings and boot without safe mode.

Well IGPU should be enabled as "Onboard", not PCI Express 'cause you don't have a discrete graphic card. Change that and boot without safe mode.

ok I set it to onboard but I'm still having the messed up image :(

thank you so much for your help I really really appreciate it and I understand completely if you'd rather not troubleshoot this anymore it's very frustrating

thank you so much for your help I really really appreciate it and I understand completely if you'd rather not troubleshoot this anymore it's very frustrating

We are all here to help

You could always make a fresh install, you already have the MultiBeast config that i uploaded... don't forget to backup first.

I was asking about the Patched ROM, because i have the same motherboard with a I7 3770K.

My bios version is up to date 2.9, but i am not using the intel GPU, i have a dedicated ATI HD7850.

So if anyone could help me with 2 questions:

1) which is better a patched bios, using UserDSDT from multibeast or a custon DSDT for this mobo. (i never understand this)
2) Is this HD7850 compatible with Yosemite ?

I was asking about the Patched ROM, because i have the same motherboard with a I7 3770K.

My bios version is up to date 2.9, but i am not using the intel GPU, i have a dedicated ATI HD7850.

So if anyone could help me with 2 questions:

1) which is better a patched bios, using UserDSDT from multibeast or a custon DSDT for this mobo. (i never understand this)
2) Is this HD7850 compatible with Yosemite ?

Patched BIOS and a custom DSDT will make it a lot easier to fix bootup problems, HDMI audio, etc. But you don't need a custom DSDT for this Z77 mobo it's UEFI-based, you only need to patch BIOS.

Read this thread, to enable HD7850.

Update: you could try resetting System Management Controller (FakeSMC), in this case by deleting it. Search in your main hard drive/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC, delete it (enter password) and empty trash... don't reboot yet.

Open or download Multibeast 7.0 and only enable FakeSMC v6.11.1328 (Multibeast/Drivers/Misc/...) once enabled, go to Build/Install and reboot.
Screen_Shot_2014_10_20_at_7_55_56_AM.png

Just helped my friend set up his build and it worked flawlessly except for the Audio and Ethernet.

These where the settings we used:
0a385edde4.png

I finaly get Yosemite installed on my HDD :)

Patched the bios to 2.9, installed ok with the AMD7850 as primary but when installed the stuff with multibeast, i can`t boot it with HD7850 (lot`s of strange characters)

There are 2 options: Boot from Yasomite USB then select the HDD or set in bios Onboard GPU and boot blindly.

The ethernet and sound is not working.

What can i do that i can boot using the PCI Express as primary?

Who needs the ALC898 for Yosemite Patched is here, and is working :D

Use KextBeast and then Go to Sound -> Output -> Internal Speakers

Now i am looking for Ethernet.

EDIT

Just got my Ethernet working using the updated kext

Cheers!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 560
  • IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip
    883.2 KB · Views: 305
Got usb 3 working, just remove USB3 Kext from MultiBeast by running in terminal the following command, enter your password and restart.

sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext/

With Z77, usb 3.0 ports are not backwards compatible (they only work with usb 3.0 devices).

Confirmed and working on my z77 fatal1ty professional -m mobo. And it also works for usb 2.0 ;)

Grtz

Metalcored00d, how are you using your HD7850? Is set as primary and boot from usb or IGPU as primary and boot blindly?

....and did you get your hdmi audio working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back