Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Nighthawk

I tried using the custom DSDT several times with no luck so I just use easy beast and it works great. I would suggest using easybeast and enabling audio, graphics, and internet manually. Make sure you are using the newest multibeast that should also help.

I have not tried to update to 10.6.4 yet, and to be honest I'm a little afraid to at this point since I finally have a system that works.

I would love to figure out why I can't use my esata ports though. If anyone has any insight please let me know. I am using the special kexts that supposedly allow this but it always comes up as unknown in about this mac and it never recognizes when I plug it in. I can plug the same drive, in the same external case using usb 2 and it gives me no issues.

Just want to be able to use the speed boost of esata.

ONE MORE THING - Nighthawk please add your system specs in the signature of your posts so we know what you are working with.

Motherboard
Intel
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello Hack_The_Gibson,
thank you for your answer. At the moment i'm using easybeast and the kexts that's in Multibeast and everything works (except of eSATA), but i think only in 32bit Mode (how can i check this?).
I would like to run my MacOSx in 64bit for CS5 and to use all of my RAM.

The Update to 10.6.4 brought no failures, all Hardware works flawlessly.

Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GT 240
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. I'm looking to buy the ASUS P7P55D-LE motherboard to use for my build. I can see that jamiepepper has the same board, so I'm wondering if all of its components are functioning and supported on OS X SL 10.6.4 (audio, lan, sleep, shutdown etc.)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
jamiepepper, have you managed to make your soundcard work in 64 bit in 10.6.4?

Motherboard
lion
CPU
i3
Graphics
Geforce 240
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
"....Go into your BIOS and ensure you have AHCI enabled on all your drive controllers...."

Problem self-solved.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hack_The_Gibson,

How on earth did you get the Rocketfish webcamera to work? I can't even it detected. Any insight appreciated.

CITmAn

Motherboard
Asus P7P55D-E
CPU
i7-870
Graphics
GTs250
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have basically followed the same bios settings that were specified at the beginning of this thread. 10.6 installs fine and all works fine until I try updating with multibeast regardless of easybeast or dsdt method.

I was wondering if anyone else gets the issue where fakesmc seems not to work at all.

this is the last line before it crashes regardless of any method after 10.6.3 or 10.6.4

–ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver – WARNING – LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

So fakesmc.kext doesn't seem to be working or there is something else in the power settings of the bios that I missed. I emulated all the settings posted at the start. There are quite a few people that seem to have it running but I can't find any setting that seems to differ.

I cracked open the logs in ubuntu to find some kind of trace after the install but all appears normal.

Puzzled

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I Need help, I have a computer if a cofiguration that look like yours, but my Audio Drive starts to have some problems, sometimes the music I'm listening to is metallized or it seemed that the bit is lower in slow motion.

-----------------
Configuration:
Asus P7P55D-E
Intel Core i5 - 750
4Gb RAM DDR3 1600MHz - Kingstone HyperX
1TB 5400rpm Samsung HDD
ATI Radeon HD5770

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
Core i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
For those having sound issues, this is what I had to do to get it working. Make sure you have a good version of VoodooHDA installed (think the one I had was 0.5.2) first.

I don't have a working OSX build on my machine anymore so can't tell you the exact instructions. Go into Audio Midi Setup, and change the format options until you get the sound working the way you want it.

Another fix, maybe to turn off SpeedStep in the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.