Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
no I follow tonys guide step by step for iboot + multibeast. I wouldn't be able to install osx with out iboot right?

either way I have also followed your bios directions strictly and it still gives the boot0: error when trying to boot with out the cd.

I think I know the problem though. The only part of your bios directions that didn't apply is that my jmicron settings did not have an option for AHCI just IDE or disabled. I also have an additional sata controller from Marvel, this one has the options you described.

I'm working on some pictures of that screen to show you.

So what I did was disabled jmicron and followed the directions with marvel but I think it's not going to work because multi beast doesnt have anything for a marvel sata controller.

What do you think?

UPDATE: According to Fatshenanigans site My board is supported: http://www.fatshenanigans.com/DSDT/Chip ... 55D-E.html

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
Core i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Oh...that changes thing possibly then.

OK, according to the spec for the board there are 7 standard SATA2 ports (one of those will be the e-Sata) and 2 SATA 6GB ports. Out of the 6 SATA2 ports, some of them should be controlled by the P55 intel chipset on the motherboard. The JMicron will control the rest I think, then the Marvell is probably in control the 6GB Sata ports.

YOU NEED to have the hard drive attached to the intel sata ports, otherwise it will not boot. I wish I had that board, then I could tell you specifically what works and what doesn't, but I'd say for now you definately need to use the intel sata.

I'm currently downloading the manual for the board, and doing some research on the Sata ports. Get back in touch soon.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
It's always been the first sata port (light blue) I have not used the xsata (which I assume is for an esata card) or the 6gbps sata so it should have always been in the right spot.

the weird thing is that I don't have the option to change jmicron to anything but disabled or IDE. So what do I do?

thanks for the help!

UPDATE: heres the link to the working series of ASUS P7P55D boards in the OSx86 wiki http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... 0.6.2#Asus

And here are two pics of my sata controller settings int he BIOS

Attachments

• 2010-05-19 11.00.09.jpg
    2010-05-19 11.00.09.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 573
  • 2010-05-19 11.00.23.jpg
    2010-05-19 11.00.23.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 563
Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
Core i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'd be temped to disable both JMicron and Marvell for the time being. Also, I notice on your board that you have 6 light blue sata ports on the board, 2 of which are on their own and not on the side.

They seem to be labelled Sata0/Sata1 so I assume (maybe incorrectly) they are the main sata connections. After disabling the two controllers as above, plonk your hard drive in Sata0 and let me know if it makes a difference. If no drives get detected at all, those two ports are not controlled by the chipset - I doubt this will be the case however. To test as well, plug the drive into the other ports one by one and see if the drive gets picked up (whilst the other controllers are disabled so we can see which ports are working).

The only thing I know is that the grey/white sata connections ar most definately the 6GB connections - we just need to work out which ports are controlled by the Intel chipset. Come chat on GoogleTalk!

Just noticed there may be different board layouts so will research further - from what you told me though you should be in right SATA port. I'd be willing to take a look remotely if your up to it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Has anyone else had luck with this board? I still can't boot from HDD, and esata doesn't work. can't wake from sleep with usb, the ram still registers in about this mac as ddr2 533mhz, it says I have an AHCI standard controller, it also says my bus speed is 533mhz. Is that in reference to my cpu, ram or both?

I know I'm running in 32 bit and I'd like to be able to run ful 64 bit.

What is a decent geek bench score for this set up?

graphics, sound seem to work, I haven't tested burning DVDs yet, and I'd also really like to dual boot into windows 64 if that's at all possible. Would that be better on a separate drive or a partition?

Thanks!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Got LE rev. and the same problem of booting. Any solutions?

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
Core i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hack_the_Gibson:

Forget about eSata, and the memory & bus speed stuff - a correct DSDT will fix this. Most likely the one you have WILL be doing the work correctly, but because your not able to boot from HDD and are booting from iBoot its not using the custom DSDT you downloaded, but the generic stuff that iBoot uses so none of these values will be correct. Once you can get boot from HDD sorted, the rest of the stuff can be fixed. The eSata is controlled by JMicron, which is a kext you can drop into Extra/Extensions once the main drive is booting. The memory/bus speeds can be corrected by an edited SMBIOS plist also. The incorrect drive controller info should be corrected with your DSDT.

Oolah:

If you have the P7P55D-LE like myself then you are in luck as I will have all the files you need. Let me know and I will get them to you. If you want me to edit files to match your particular system, I will do that for you to, just let me know. I'll even give you step by step instructions for using iBoot/Multibeast so that you can repeat what I did to get your board up and running. By the way, ensure you update your BIOS to 1408 so that your system matches mine, and also ensure you use AHCI mode for all your drive controllers (not IDE) in the BIOS.

Motherboard
Asus P7P55D LE
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
nVidia GTX 460 Palit
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi Jamiepedder!
It's my first message on this forum, so I would like to thank Tony for his clever and efficient effort in organizing this puzzling gitzmos of mobos and whatever else comes into play with the Hackintosh, and assembling the iBoot and Multibeast: kudos for that! :clap:
After a few trial & errors installs, I stumbled here with quite a higher efficient install than before: as you can see from my signature I'm also on the LE; I had some trouble starting from the HD [ :beachball: Det.Monk mood on] Here what happened
# Bios changes: just AHCI and left my formatted/installed in IDE mode first SATA drive with XPSP3/Win7 connected; didn't changed boot priority either, but just selecting by F8...
# Boot using iBoot Supported was fine in Hi Res 1680*1050 on nVidia all right, Audio OK and Ethernet PPPoE working (possibly with some trouble here...)
# Installed SL 10.6.0 from DVD
# I then downloaded through Software Update (bad choice I now suspect...) the complete 10.6.3: it took ages, and the Software Update seemed to be stuck in verifying after downloading the packages so I force quit it and installed apparently without errors from the System/Library/Updates dir.
# Applied the Multibeast with EasyBeast Supported CPU/Non DSDT System, etc.
# Trying to start from the HD was a failure; fixing permissions too with a bunch of permissions not fixed from Disk Utils.
# Downloaded the 10.6.3 v1.1 dmg from Apple support and reinstalling it after booting back by iBoot cured all things and now the system boots from the HD
[Det.Monk mood off :beachball: ]
One point I believe to be true is that until you don't succeed in installing the SL 10.6.3 update you won't be able to boot from the HD using Chamaleon+PC EFI from iBoot: isn't it?
I really would like to use DSDT since I believe it is far more efficient than all those different approaches: I have a few questions, if I may.
When I use Multibeast again (this is possible I believe!) on the same working install, should I manually delete what was the previous choice? i.e. suppose I can get a DSDT, I then reinstall the UserDSDT choice, so I will have to hunt down the previously installed files, or is it the MultiBeast that would devour them...?
Further, can I combine DSDT with EFI Extras/com.apple.boot.plist smbios.plist etc.and kext? Will the DSDT include them all?
At this moment I only have some small glitches: I cannot get the proper Mac info about my CPU (the SMcputype key doesn't seem to work in boot.plist), Unknown nVidia card, and an annoying jagged system font maybe due to my new screen Asus VK222H (though the integrated USB web cam has been working from the start!) because on my other Macs, even on an old Artemis hacked G4 to run Tiger 10.4.11 they are all very crisp. I cannot see the other option drives/partitions to boot from as it happens when using the CD, even if I cannot boot anyway from Win7 in AHCI since I had installed it using the IDE mode for the controller and I can boot Win only changing back to it again...

I hope this may help, and I'll go on diggin' this great forum and community to get hints and useful solutions!

Cheers and Thanks !

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
To Hack_The_Gibson:

Hi, I had exactly the same problem as you do.

However, after re-installation for 4 times and some helps from google

I finally figure it out

The solution of mine is very easy...just divided my 1.5 TB hard drive to 4 partition

then Chameleon works well!!!

I think that might be some limitation of the volume of single partition ???

However, I still can not have the audio work....could anyone help???
(Failed with VoodooHDA 0.2.61...)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
UPDATE:

I have been continuously tweaking this set up for a month now and I've been successful to a point.

The problem I keep running into no matter what combination of boot / retail disks I use is the 2tb drive. It will not boot from a 2 tb drive. Everything installs fine but boot error 0 comes up every time. It seems like it's just a limitation of the os and I'll have to create two partitions.

I have successfully installed the following:

1) 320gb sata drive using the original retail snow leopard, multibeast 1.x and iboot supported.

2) 1 tb drive using the iboot 2 , multibeast 2 and snow leopard 10.6.3 method

This includes:

bluetooth using a basic usb 2 bluetooth dongle
boot from hard drive
wake from sleep
Full audio
correct about this mac info
full graphics
10.6.3 update
All apps including CS5 run well
Geekbench of about 8000ish
wireless n with netgear rangemax pci wn311b (had to update using terminal script)
usb 2 webcam (rocketfish 2 megapixel)

Problems:

updating latest osx security fix caused boot issue on my 1tb install. It just stays at the apple loading screen and won't move forward.

I've never been able to use my esata ports or even see them correctly in about this mac even though I installed all three sata kexts from multi beast multiple times, and in different variations.

I don't know how to run my system in 64 bit. I want it to be so I can take full advantage of cs5 at least.

I'm pretty sure it's running in 32 bit right now as a default.

Hope this helps and I would be glad to help anyone else if they have any questions. I've probably attempted this set in 5 different configs with over 20 fresh installs so I might have the answer you are looking for.

UPDATE:

I have full working audio from both front and back ports even though it says there is no built in audio in about this mac.

I also had issue at first with line in. but when I opened skype I was able to enable the mic on my webcam just fine from system preferences.

In order to get the wifi to work Google and or search the forum for bcm43xx_enabler.sh - you have to run this in terminal and I think it updates the airport kext for you. It doesn't recognize it as airport card but works great.

Here are some screen shots from my working system:

Attachments

• Screen-shot-2010-06-16-at-12.30.jpg
    Screen-shot-2010-06-16-at-12.30.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 489
Status
Not open for further replies.