i9 9900K
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This topic has been setup to assist those having problems getting OSX86 to work on this board. We will try the iBoot/Multibeast method and test from there.

Ok. Lets start from the top then. First of all, if at all possible ensure you only have the drive you want to install to and one dvd drive attached to the computer. Temporarily remove all other internal and external drives for the time being.

Go into your BIOS and ensure you have AHCI enabled on all your drive controllers, then save and reboot. Using the NVIDIA iBoot cd, boot and then press F5 and swap over to the Mac OS install DVD. Erase the drive with disktool as a GUID partition and create a single HFS+ (Journalled) partition. Once done, proceed with the installation as normal.

Use custom install, and deselect the languages as these are not needed and it speeds the install up slightly. Once installed, it should reboot. Quickly replace the OSX disk with the iBoot cd again and boot from your hard drive this time.

When you have gone through the initial setup screens (let me know if you get the intro video and if sound works at that point) download 10.6.2 combo update and have the DSDT.aml file from the link I have above for your board and put these on your desktop. Put Multibeast on the desktop too ready to run and launch it but dont do anything else with it yet. Run the 10.6.2 update and when it asks you to restart DONT. Go back to the Multibeast installer - in my case when I clicked Multibeast, a minute or so later the 10.6.2 updater closed and did not reboot and I was able to continue.

Either way, we are now ready to go ahead with MultiBeast. On Multibeast, select UserDSDT & System Utilities, then select the following:

* Kexts/Audio/VoodooHDA-0.2.56
* Kexts/Disk/IOAHCIBlockStorage
* Kexts/Disk/JMicron (GSATA)/JMicron36xATA (If you use IDE port)
* Kexts/Disk/JMicron (GSATA)/JMicron36xeSATA (If you want to use eSATA)
* Kexts/Disk/JMicron (GSATA)/JMicron36xSATA (If you want to use extra SATA)
* com.appleBoot.plist/32 Bit Apple Boot logo
* smbios.plist/iMac11,1/Corei5

The UserDSDT option will automatically install Chameleon, GraphicsEnabler amongst some other basic stuff then the other options you select (as above) should fill in the gaps. Once done, you should be able to boot from your drive.

If this fails, we may need to check what BIOS settings you have amongst other things, or we may need to investigate what DSDT you are using and see if we can create a new modified one if needed.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Ok so I followed directions explicitly and I still cannot boot from HDD. I went back in and installed the verbose 32 bit boot file from multi beast just to see and that didn't work either.

Then I went into the BIOS and changed my marvel controller from IDE to AHCI - still no boot from HDD.

I also cannot see any HDD on the desktop only in finder.

What is the next corse of action?

EDIT: The marvel controller was in a different spot in the BIOS than the spot I needed to change to AHCI originally. I found it after the fact and thought it may be the problem.

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm assuming that when you talk about no drives being on the desktop, that is when you have used iBoot to boot from the hard disk (as it wont boot on its own yet)?

This is a default setting on Snow Leopard - you dont see any fixed drives on the desktop only removable drives and cds. There is a setting in Finder to turn hard drive icons back on (under Finder Preferences).

What specifically happens when you try and boot from the hard drive? Do you even get any kind of indication that the bootloader is present, or some other kind of error message? By the way, PM me your e-mail address again if you would.

If you want to have a look at any of my files for comparison, let me know. (ie. smbios.plist, boot.plist etc) I will also post my BIOS settings here shortly for you to check agains yours.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
yes that is correct the HDD don't show when booting from iboot.

When I try to boot otherwise it posts BIOS info then it says Boot 0: Error

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
PRIME Z490-A
CPU
i5 10600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hack_The_Gibson said:
yes that is correct the HDD don't show when booting from iboot.

When I try to boot otherwise it posts BIOS info then it says Boot 0: Error

Boot0 error means that Chameleon is not properly installed on the hard drive. Boot back in with iBoot, delete /Extra folder and install MultiBeast's UserDSDT with an edited DSDT from this page. Remember to rename it DSDT.aml and place it on the desktop before installation. Good luck!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... oards.html

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
thanks Tony!

I already did this. I downloaded the DSDT.aml from your forum page that matched my Mobo and installed using MultiBeast userDSDT everything was successful.

Should I do it again or is there something wrong with the DSDT?

I've gone through this process about 10 times now from erase drive to fresh install of SL and no matter what method I use, easyBeast or userDSDT it is always the same result.

Sound works, native graphics work out of the box, ethernet works, firewire posts an error saying it can't detect security or something and that it defaults to full secure, and esata does not work. All the SATA ports on the mobo work and I've tested front panel audio and usb 2. I currently have 5 hard drives in the bays but only one has power so that there is essentially only one drive recognized on boot.

I have downloaded tons of utilities and kexts, and read forums until I was numb and I can't figure this out. There has to be something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
Jaimie - I am not sure what to do with the files even if I had them to compare. I have been a long time Mac user but rarely, if ever venture into linux / unix commands or terminal so my understanding of this stuff is pedestrian at best.

Is this just my mobo or am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else gotten this version to work?

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
A boot0 error can mean a faulty bootloader, or the bootloader cannot find the files necessary to boot (usually because the drive is not detected or you may have incorrect BIOS settings).

For testing purposes, as I have mentioned before, use only one DVD drive and one hard drive. All others should be unplugged for now. Go into your BIOS and set to default settings. Then check/change the following (assuming your BIOS isnt too dissimilar to mine:

Storage Configuration
Put this to AHCI mode.

AI Tweaker
NO CHANGES. I have to set DRAM Frequency on mine to DDR3-1600 for my memory speed to be set correctly. You shouldn't need to touch this - leave as Auto as you mention that your memory speed shows in BIOS correctly.

Advanced
CPU - NO CHANGES.
Onboard Devices - Only things I changed in here were JMicron to AHCI and disabled Boot ROM.
I also enabled VT-d, doesnt seem to matter if its on or off though.

Power
Suspend-Auto/Repost-No/ACPI2.0 Support-Enabled/ACPI APIC Support-Enabled/EuP-Disabled

Boot
Under hard disk drives, I always set the Mac hard drive with the bootloader as the first drive. Should be the only one in there for now whilst testing anyway. Then, under boot device priority, I have HDD set to boot first then cd, then usb. I tend to use F8 during POST if I want to boot from another device anyway hence why I choose this order.

I also have ExpressGate disabled as it doesnt work on drives formatted on anything other than Fat32 and I have no interest in it. Don't think this effects the Mac booting however so its up to you. Try that and see what happens - dont forget to PM your email addy too. I'd be happy to have a look remotely at your machine but you need to be in a working Mac installation with network access. Let me know how you get on!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 640 + GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
jaime - trying that now. I pmd my email let me know if you didn't get it

Motherboard
Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
RX590
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
By the way, just to confirm after you do the normal install, you do then boot from iBoot again and then boot from the hard drive that way before installing Multibeast?

Your not trying to boot straight from the hard drive as soon as MacOSX is installed are you? Multibeast obviously has to install the bootloader on to the hard drive for you. You probably are, but just checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.