Sapphire HD6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
that's sata related issue right?

Just trying to load the installer. Any tips, y'all?

that's sata related issue right?

Just trying to load the installer. Any tips, y'all?

In the case of loading the installer, it is more likely a USB issue (I think you are thinking of the SATA/AHCI issue that is only an issue with ML).
Usually, people run into this with booting the installer because they are trying to use a USB3 port instead of USB2.

Bottom line... try another USB port on your laptop...

Rehabman, thanks!

Thanks for the information, it worked for me! I didn't realize I was plugging the USB stick in the 3.0 port. Came across this thread after hours wasted on taking the whole system apart :)!

Thanks for the information, it worked for me! I didn't realize I was plugging the USB stick in the 3.0 port. Came across this thread after hours wasted on taking the whole system apart :)!

Oh well. At least you probably learned something taking it apart... putting it back.

I had this problem and accidentally solved it by unplugging and replugging the usb drive into a different port when the "still waiting for root device" message came up. This worked after trying all the USB ports separately, each of which still gave the message. So it seems ilke the replug did it.

Hope this helps someone...

I had this problem and accidentally solved it by unplugging and replugging the usb drive into a different port when the "still waiting for root device" message came up. This worked after trying all the USB ports separately, each of which still gave the message. So it seems ilke the replug did it.

Hope this helps someone...

Helped me! Just replugged it into the other USB and the installer continued! Thanks!

I meet this problem, I change to another USB port, It working.
But after boot into installation, I used disk ultility format my paritition, then click install. It run well until about 5 minutes remain, it just stop and load for a long time. After that it warning that installation was fail, just contact to the manufacture, bla bla bla.
How can I fix it? I have try more 5 times but it doesn't complete the instalation.

Yep, worked for me, was ripping my f'ing hair out until I saw this thread!

Thanks!

I have the same problem for the installation, "Still waiting for root device" with the USB key plugged into a USB3 port. But the problem is that on my laptop , I only have USB3 ports.
Is there a solution to install with a USB3 port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back