GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have got a Apple Thunderbolt display which have mini display port. That I have to plug into my Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I have bought mini display port (female) to Display port cable. But the cable didn't work.

I was thinking what If I buy a Thunderbolt expansion card but wondering if that works with my Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

Anyone got idea about compatibility or if its any other way I can connect apple thunderbolt monitor to my hackintosh?

Thanks Heaps!!!

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have got a Apple Thunderbolt display which have mini display port. That I have to plug into my Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

I have bought mini display port (female) to Display port cable. But the cable didn't work.

I was thinking what If I buy a Thunderbolt expansion card but wondering if that works with my Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

Anyone got idea about compatibility or if its any other way I can connect apple thunderbolt monitor to my hackintosh?

Thanks Heaps!!!

Your motherboard does not have a Thunderbolt header, so there is no way to add a Thunderbolt add-in card.

Therefore I believe you won't be able to use your Thunderbolt monitior with your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.