Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to install Snow Leopard on my HP Probook 4540s. I cannot move past the apple logo when trying to install snow leopard.
I am using iBoot burned to cd-rom disc and a retail dvd of snow leopard. I have followed the install 10.6 installation guide from tonymacx86. I have searched the forum but was not able to find any resolution to my problem.

My steps thus far: 1) F9 to access boot options, 2)optical disc to boot from iBoot 3) when boot drives (iBoot, System, HP recovery) appear iBoot was ejected 4) snow leopard inserted 5) F5 to refresh 6) MacOsx install drive chosen and then no progress.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I am trying to install Snow Leopard on my HP Probook 4540s. I cannot move past the apple logo when trying to install snow leopard.
I am using iBoot burned to cd-rom disc and a retail dvd of snow leopard. I have followed the install 10.6 installation guide from tonymacx86. I have searched the forum but was not able to find any resolution to my problem.

My steps thus far: 1) F9 to access boot options, 2)optical disc to boot from iBoot 3) when boot drives (iBoot, System, HP recovery) appear iBoot was ejected 4) snow leopard inserted 5) F5 to refresh 6) MacOsx install drive chosen and then no progress.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

4540s if it is Ivy Bridge will not work for SL. There is no support in SL for Ivy Bridge CPUs... Install ML instead.

Thanks for the reply. It is my goal to install ML but since I don't have access to any mac to buy ML from the app store I left with this alternative to progress up to ML. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. It is my goal to install ML but since I don't have access to any mac to buy ML from the app store I left with this alternative to progress up to ML. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

It can probably work, but there might be some issues to overcome (I think at least one person has done exactly that).
But first, you need to use iBoot Ivy...

It would be much easier to borrow a Mac for an afternoon...

This is for anyone who is in the same predicament that I was until today. I followed the guide just enough to install Snow Leopard (10.6.8) using an external keyboard to be able to download ML from the app store. After that I followed the guide (with a lot of patience) and my system is up and running. I do have to replace the Atheros wi-fi card but so far it looks and runs great.

This is for anyone who is in the same predicament that I was until today. I followed the guide just enough to install Snow Leopard (10.6.8) using an external keyboard to be able to download ML from the app store. After that I followed the guide (with a lot of patience) and my system is up and running. I do have to replace the Atheros wi-fi card but so far it looks and runs great.

Hey... Nice to hear you have it working... (Now you're the second person to have gone through SL on Ivy-based 4540s to get to ML).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back