Graphics
ATI FirePro 2260
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a newbie with a Dell T1500 (i7-870, 16GB, ATI FirePro 2260) running Windows 7 64-bit. Is it possible to partition the HDD and install Snow Leopard on the new partition for dual-boot operation or do I need to start from scratch with the OSX installation, then install Win 7? Thanks.

I am a newbie with a Dell T1500 (i7-870, 16GB, ATI FirePro 2260) running Windows 7 64-bit. Is it possible to partition the HDD and install Snow Leopard on the new partition for dual-boot operation or do I need to start from scratch with the OSX installation, then install Win 7? Thanks.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html for installing SL and Windows on same drive.

I really recommend you invest some $$$ in a separate drive for OSX, either HDD or SSD. Maintaining 2 operating systems and keeping them updated on the same drive is a real PITA. You have the room and the board has capacity, so use it.

Also, if you install on separate drives, you can leave your existing Windows install alone and save time not having to install it again with all the setup and updating that entails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back