Contribute
Register

Installing Sierra on HP Spectre X360 7500U 13-ac005ng - Intel 620 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make sure...

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.
Yes, sure!! I think I'm not using it but... Just in case :)
And if you think I should change something please tell :)

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CoreDisplayFixup.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
KernelCache ID: A30F0FBC02B0509607FB032F6E38AE7F

Attachments

• Problem Reporting Files.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
Yes, sure!! I think I'm not using it but... Just in case :)
And if you think I should change something please tell :)

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CoreDisplayFixup.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
KernelCache ID: A30F0FBC02B0509607FB032F6E38AE7F

Since 0x591b0000 assumes 64mb DVMT-prealloc and you have no patch for DVMT, nor any kext that patches for it, we can assume your laptop allows for at least 64mb DVMT.

But you have some other problems:
- wrong kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
- CPU PM not implemented

Since 0x591b0000 assumes 64mb DVMT-prealloc and you have no patch for DVMT, nor any kext that patches for it, we can assume your laptop allows for at least 64mb DVMT.
That is a good thing!
But you have some other problems:
- wrong kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other
- CPU PM not implemented
I think I know how to fix about the wrong kexts. CPU PM I have to work on it... This weekend I will solve.
Thank you!!

Trying to do this exact setup on my hp spectre x360 7500u as well. Confused only about one part. You say to use ddegrasse's clover fork. How do I install his version of clover? I don't see an install file (ex. Clover_v2.4k_r4411.pkg) within the clover-master file. Sorry if this is a super basic question.

any advice?
Hi rakeen0595,
I used the special clover version from @ddegrasse and it worked. But I switched to using the preloader.efi file he made available. Can't say I'm sure which is the better method.

Here is where his clover was mentioned:
[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 (Late-2016 / Early-2017, Kaby Lake)

Here is his x360 guide, with firmware bug described and the preloader.efi workaround that predates his clover fork: [Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Note that you don't have to go through all the Linux Live CD business, the necessary preloader.efi file is available in the post.

Good luck!

Hi rakeen0595,
I used the special clover version from @ddegrasse and it worked. But I switched to using the preloader.efi file he made available. Can't say I'm sure which is the better method.

Here is where his clover was mentioned:
[Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 (Late-2016 / Early-2017, Kaby Lake)

Here is his x360 guide, with firmware bug described and the preloader.efi workaround that predates his clover fork: [Guide] Sierra on HP Spectre x360 native Kaby Lake Support

Note that you don't have to go through all the Linux Live CD business, the necessary preloader.efi file is available in the post.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! The pkg file in the post you linked was exactly what I was looking for!! as far as the preloader.efi method, in order to use that method one simply places that file into the EFI partition and rename it accordingly, correct?

So the issue I'm having now is that while running the OS X installer im getting a "Unable to mount volume for repair" error after the first system restart. I'm attempting to install without erasing windows (the same method used by OP) and i have made sure to delete the MSR partition and other unnecessary partitions, as well as made sure my EFI partition is 200+ mb. In the forums most people are saying to reformat/repartition to make the OSX partition the first partition used, but since I'm trying to do the "install without erasing windows" route that doesnt seem possible?

So the issue I'm having now is that while running the OS X installer im getting a "Unable to mount volume for repair" error after the first system restart. I'm attempting to install without erasing windows (the same method used by OP) and i have made sure to delete the MSR partition and other unnecessary partitions, as well as made sure my EFI partition is 200+ mb. In the forums most people are saying to reformat/repartition to make the OSX partition the first partition used, but since I'm trying to do the "install without erasing windows" route that doesnt seem possible?

Repartition such that your macOS target partition is the first (after EFI).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back