Contribute
Register

Installing Sierra on Asus ZenBook UX410UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Alphonse99 , latest BIOS for the UX410UA is 308 not 309 accdg. to ASUS ZenBook UX410UA - BIOS & FIRMWARE.
Please check again in BIOS for your exact model name and BIOS version and let us know.

Also the UX410UA comes in variants with 3 different CPUs and GPUs:

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 520
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620
Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
---
Intel® Core™ i7 8550U/7500U Processor,
Intel® Core™ i5 8250U/7200U Processor,
Intel® Core™ i3 7100U Processor,

Which CPU and GPU does yours have?

Best you update your profile.

Touchpad random jump is "normal" for now.

Sorry it my fault, my midel is ux410uqk
Bios is 309
I5 7200u
Intel620+940mx

Graphic work greate but problem is battery drain and trackpad randomly jump

Bios is 309
I5 7200u
Intel620+940mx
Then you better stick with baohiep (aka hieplpvip)'s instructions because that's the exact model he has:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.257448/

After installing his EFI for the UX410, if you still have problems, very most likely you would be dealing with a BIOS version issue. Unfortunately baoh-/ hieplpvip does not write which BIOS he is using on his UX410UQK. Just downgrade 1-by-1/ version-by-version (308; 307; 301) from the UX410UQ/ UX410UQK BIOS page until you have found the BIOS his hotpatch is compatible with. Make sure you choose the UX410UQK BIOS!

Experiencing random erratic mouse pointer jumps while using your trackpad? Look here :)!

Alphonse99 said:
Bios is 309
I5 7200u
Intel620+940mx
Then you better stick with baohiep (aka hieplpvip)'s instructions because that's the exact model he has:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-asus-zenbook-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.257448/

After installing his EFI for the UX410, if you still have problems, very most likely you would be dealing with a BIOS version issue. Unfortunately baoh-/ hieplpvip does not write which BIOS he is using on his UX410UQK. Just downgrade 1-by-1/ version-by-version (308; 307; 301) from the UX410UQ/ UX410UQK BIOS page until you have found the BIOS his hotpatch is compatible with. Make sure you choose the UX410UQK BIOS!

I'm very sure

Hello there,

It has been about 6 years ago since I last build a proper hackintosh, the machine I build that time is still running fine (still on Mavericks). In the meantime I have been using Windows.
Recently I bought a Asus ZenBook UX410UA, with an i5 7200U Kaby Lake CPU and Intel HD 620 graphics. (See my signature). I never really bought it with the intention to hackintosh it, but this week I wanted to try it out and it seems to work.

I successfully installed Sierra (wich took over 1 hour) with the 620 config file provided by Rehabman. First I got stuck in verbose with lots of repeating ACPI Errors, I forgot how I fixed that but later the errors came back.
Because my ZenBook isn't supplied with an ethernet port and the internal wifi card is unsupported (I already ordered a working alternative) I connected my Minix Neo C USB-C Multiport adapter to use the Ethernet port from that device, I only had to install a driver to make it work.
Well, now I'm stuck again with the ACPI Errors and don't know what to do.

These are de errors that keep repeating during verbose. I waited untill my screen was full of these errors.
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0.BIX] (Node ffffff801da98e98), AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)
ACPI Exeption: EA_BAD_PARAMETER, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140028/evregion-178)

So if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me. In the meantime I will tryout a few things.
Also I have started to patch my DSDT, but It's more difficult than I was aware of.

I have started this topic with the intention to supply other people with a working DSDT and config file so they can easily convert their ZenBook into a hackintosh. But I really need help from you guys.
The UX410UA is basically the same as the UX310UA, the only difference is the screen size.

I will attach my config file, native DSDT and BIOS settings for those who are willing to help :)

My KEXT folder on the EFI drive looks like this
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
AppleATIATA.kext
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
FakePCIID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Regards,
Felix
Hi, just a newbie here. Has anyone completely installed macOS in this laptop with no or minimal errors while running.

Folks, finally the neat SleepOnLowBatterySOLB«) script which reliably gives you the option to put your Hackbook to sleep when the battery level drops below 5% just received a major update. I thoroughly verified it fully working on my Vivobook in Catalina 10.15.1, Mojave 10.14.6 and High Sierra 10.13.6. You can run a demo first, and choose between a version with or without sound. The script is 100% open-source and adaptable if you wish to change any property incl. output voice.

Look at screenshots, grab and discuss it right here.

Change log:

2019-11-15 v. 1.1

BUG FIX: changed all occurrences of ExternalChargeCapable to ExternalConnected in all Apple Script .scpt files (SleepOnLowBattery.scpt, SleepOnLowBatterySound.scpt, demo.scpt) to restore functionality
IMPROVEMENT: made queries of MaxCapacity and CurrentCapacity more compatible to work with hopefully any system
NEW: added Catalina compatibility to install scripts; verified Mojave compatibility
NEW: Sound script uses voice Allison if installed, otherwise automatically defaults back to another English standard voice (Daniel, Alex or Fred)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back