Asus UX410UAK (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5 7200U,
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620, 1920*1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there,

It has been about 6 years ago since I last build a proper hackintosh, the machine I build that time is still running fine (still on Mavericks). In the meantime I have been using Windows.
Recently I bought a Asus ZenBook UX410UA, with an i5 7200U Kaby Lake CPU and Intel HD 620 graphics. (See my signature). I never really bought it with the intention to hackintosh it, but this week I wanted to try it out and it seems to work.

I successfully installed Sierra (wich took over 1 hour) with the 620 config file provided by Rehabman. First I got stuck in verbose with lots of repeating ACPI Errors, I forgot how I fixed that but later the errors came back.
Because my ZenBook isn't supplied with an ethernet port and the internal wifi card is unsupported (I already ordered a working alternative) I connected my Minix Neo C USB-C Multiport adapter to use the Ethernet port from that device, I only had to install a driver to make it work.
Well, now I'm stuck again with the ACPI Errors and don't know what to do.

These are de errors that keep repeating during verbose. I waited untill my screen was full of these errors.
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0.BIX] (Node ffffff801da98e98), AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)
ACPI Exeption: EA_BAD_PARAMETER, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140028/evregion-178)

So if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me. In the meantime I will tryout a few things.
Also I have started to patch my DSDT, but It's more difficult than I was aware of.

I have started this topic with the intention to supply other people with a working DSDT and config file so they can easily convert their ZenBook into a hackintosh. But I really need help from you guys.
The UX410UA is basically the same as the UX310UA, the only difference is the screen size.

I will attach my config file, native DSDT and BIOS settings for those who are willing to help :)

My KEXT folder on the EFI drive looks like this
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
AppleATIATA.kext
SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext
FakePCIID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Regards,
Felix

Attachments

• config-rehabman.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 556
  • config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 558
  • DSDT Native.zip
    83.7 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_20170603_175402.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175402.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,872
  • IMG_20170603_175348.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175348.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,821
  • IMG_20170603_175341.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175341.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,810
  • IMG_20170603_175334.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175334.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1,743
  • IMG_20170603_175325.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175325.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,658
  • IMG_20170603_175317.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175317.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,628
  • IMG_20170603_175306.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175306.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,827
  • IMG_20170603_175251.jpg
    IMG_20170603_175251.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,600
Last edited:
Hello there,

It has been about 6 years ago since I last build a proper hackintosh, the machine I build that time is still running fine (still on Mavericks). In the meantime I have been using Windows.
Recently I bought a Asus ZenBook UX410UA, with an i5 7200U Kaby Lake CPU and Intel HD 620 graphics. (See my signature). I never really bought it with the intention to hackintosh it, but this week I wanted to try it out and it seems to work.

I succesfully installed Sierra (wich took over 1 hour) with the 620 config file provided by Rehabman. First I got stuck in verbose with lots of repeating ACPI Errors, I forgot how I fixed that but later the errors came back.
Because my ZenBook isn't supplied with an ethernet port en the internal wifi card is unsuported (I already ordered a working alternative) I connected my Minix Neo C USB-C Multiport adapter to use the ethernet port from that device, I only had to install a driver to make it work.
Well, now I'm stuck again with the ACPI Errors and don't know what to do.

These are de errors that keep repeating during verbose. I waited untill my screen was full of these errors.
ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0.BIX] (Node ffffff801da98e98), AE_BAD_PARAMETER (20140828/psparse-270)
ACPI Exeption: EA_BAD_PARAMETER, Returned by Handler for [EmbeddedControl] (20140028/evregion-178)

So if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me. In the meantime I will tryout a few things.
Also I have started to patch my DSDT, but It's more difficult than I was aware of.

I have started this topic with the intention to supply other people with a working DSDT and config file so they can easily convert their ZenBook into a hackintosh. But I really need help from you guys.
The UX410UA is basically the same as the UX310UA, the only difference is the screen size.

I will attach my config file, native DSDT and BIOS settings for those who are willing to help :)

My KEXT folder on the EFI drive looks like this
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
Lilu.kext
AppleATIATA.kext
FakePCIID.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Regards,
Felix

Battery patching guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you for your reply.
After reading more about ACPI I realised that perhaps It's better to wait with patching until I have installed the new WiFi card.. (?)
In the meantime I can learn and tryout with dsdt patching :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.
After reading more about ACPI I realised that perhaps It's better to wait with patching until I have installed the new WiFi card.. (?)
In the meantime I can learn en tryout with dsdt patching :)
yes, or though you could practise first as you will need to re-extract your DSDT etc if you introduce new hardware or even change a bios setting

My WiFi module arrived a few days ago, so I got busy patching my DSDT and SSDT's again.
It is running fine at the moment, I only have to fix a few things. The more difficult things of course.
That is:
  • Audio over HDMI
  • HDMI Hotplugging (looks like it works)
  • Brightness control (seems to work with just brightness patch to DSDT)
  • Touchpad
  • Cardreader (works out of the box)
  • Keyboard lights
  • Asus Fn buttons
  • Ambient Light sensor? (How do I test this?)
  • Powermanagement, I'm not sure if everything is working properly.
  • Find out what is the best SMBIOS configuration, I'm now using MacBook9,1.
This is what I have done so far.

Use Rehabman's Clover config file
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

Content of /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleATIATA.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Add USB3 patch in Clover config > Kernel and Kext Patches
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find * [HEX]: 83BD74FFFFFF10
Replace * [HEX]: 83BD74FFFFFF1B
Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (200-Series-10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

DSDT Patches
  • “[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM”
  • ”[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
  • “[sys] HPET Fix"
  • "[sys] SMBUS Fix"
  • "[sys] IRQ Fix"
  • "[sys] RTC Fix"
  • "[sys] OS Check Fix" (Windows 8)
  • "[sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
  • “[bat] ASUS N55SL/VivoBook"
  • “[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D (instant wake)”
  • “[igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
  • “[syn] Fix ADBG Error"
  • “[audio] Audio Layout 3"
  • “[igpu] Brightness fix” (see Rehabman's guide)
  • Rename XHC to XHC1" (I have found this patch on ******, see code below. You will end up with tons of errors because not everything is replaced by the script. You can edit the script so it wil automatically do it, I chose to manually replace it.)
Code:
into device label XHC set_label begin XHC1 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
into_all all code_regex XHC_\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
# Copy this into the patch dialog on MaciASL and hit Apply. You may have compile errors where some code is still XHC, so you can manually change it to XHC1. Make sure to backup your DSDT!

I looked in the SSDT files for GFX0, B0D3, and some other things using grep to know what SSDT I had to patch.

Patch SSDT-0
  • “[syn] Remove _PSS placeholders
Patch SSDT-1
This SSDT contains GFX0 parts
  • “[syn] Remove _DSM methods”
  • “[igpu] Rename B0D3 to HDAU”
Patch SSDT-12
WiFi/Bluetooth
Install another WiFi module and read how to install here
I used a Broadcom BCM94352Z, to get it work you need to do three things.
Add this to config.plist
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Add this kext to /S/L/E
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext

Add these kexts to Clover kext folder
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Brightness
See this guide from Rehabman
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Fn Keys patch
Search google for "Fn HotKey and ALS sensor driver for Asus Notebooks"
Add the following patches to DSDT
  • Fn Brightness Keys Patch.txt
Put AsusNBFnKeys.kext in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (Don't know if it's meant to be on the EFI partition, but it seems to work)
*Btw, why is my previous post deleted? A notification would have been appropriate.

Felix

Last edited:
My WiFi module arrived a few days ago, so I got busy patching my DSDT and SSDT's again.
It is running fine at the moment, I only have to fix a few things. The more difficult things of course.
That is:
  • Audio over HDMI
  • HDMI Hotplugging (looks like it works)
  • Brightness control (seems to work with just brightness patch to DSDT)
  • Touchpad
  • Cardreader
  • Keyboard lights
  • Asus Fn buttons
  • Ambient Light sensor? (How do I test this?)
  • Powermanagement, I'm not sure if everything is working properly.
  • Find out what is the best SMBIOS configuration, I'm now using MacBook9,1.
This is what I have done so far.

Use Rehabman's Clover config file
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

Content of /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AHCIPortInjector.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleATIATA.kext
FakePCIID.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Add USB3 patch in Clover config > Kernel and Kext Patches
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find * [HEX]: 83BD74FFFFFF10
Replace * [HEX]: 83BD74FFFFFF1B
Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (200-Series-10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

DSDT Patches
  • “[syn] Rename _DSM methods to XDSM”
  • ”[sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
  • “[sys] HPET Fix"
  • "[sys] SMBUS Fix"
  • "[sys] IRQ Fix"
  • "[sys] RTC Fix"
  • "[sys] OS Check Fix" (Windows 8)
  • "[sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
  • “[bat] ASUS N55SL/VivoBook"
  • “[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D (instant wake)”
  • “[syn] Fix ADBG Error"
  • “[audio] Audio Layout 3"
  • “[igpu] Brightness fix”
  • Rename XHC to XHC1" (I have found this patch on ******, see code below. You will end up with tons of errors because not everything is replaced by the script. You can edit the script so it wil automatically do it, I chose to manually replace it.)
Code:
into device label XHC set_label begin XHC1 end;
into_all all code_regex XHC\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
into_all all code_regex XHC_\. replaceall_matched begin XHC1. end;
# Copy this into the patch dialog on MaciASL and hit Apply. You may have compile errors where some code is still XHC, so you can manually change it to XHC1. Make sure to backup your DSDT!

I looked in the SSDT files for GFX0, B0D3, and some other things using grep to know what SSDT I had to patch.

Patch SSDT-0
  • “[syn] Remove _PSS placeholders
Patch SSDT-1
This SSDT contains GFX0 parts
  • “[igpu] Rename B0D3 to HDAU”
Patch SSDT-12
WiFi
Install another WiFi module and read how to install here

*Btw, why is my previous post deleted? A notification would have been appropriate.

Felix
touchpad is probably voodooI2C:
post 2 has some great info:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/wip-voodooi2c-i2c-trackpad-limited-support.204227/#post-1344206

asus fn buttons:
see attached kext and asus dsdt patches

card reader: (this may or may not work)
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/

audio over hdmi there is a cool guide over in the El capitan threads but maybe using latest Rehabman's latest config.plist may help

Attachments

• Asus DSDT patches (Update2).zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 342
  • AsusNBFnKeys_v2.6.zip
    26.2 KB · Views: 377
Meanwhile I managed to get the Fn keys working. Thank you for the Touchpad link, I will take a look at it later this week. I actually already linked to that page in my deleted post.

I am experiencing one problem that has something to do with backlight levels. When I dim the backlight, very little happens until the screen goes completely dark at the last step. I tried the other patch (With ACPI 100), but that gives me errors.

Btw, Using IntelBacklight.kext gives me a complete dark screen so I am not using it.:crazy:

Attachments

• Brightness.png
    Brightness.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 885
Meanwhile I managed to get the Fn keys working. Thank you for the Touchpad link, I will take a look at it later this week. I actually already linked to that page in my deleted post.

I am experiencing one problem that has something to do with backlight levels. When I dim the backlight, very little happens until the screen goes completely dark at the last step. I tried the other patch (With ACPI 100), but that gives me errors.

Btw, Using IntelBacklight.kext gives me a complete dark screen so I am not using it.:crazy:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rol-using-applebacklightinjector-kext.218222/

Bro! Can I have all kext and DSDT, SSDT for Asus UX410UA? Thank you so much! I installed MacOS on my laptop, but I can't find all kext to install! My laptop has no wifi, audio, touchpad... I'm so sad...

I hope you post full installing hackintosh on this laptop tutorial! :D I'm noob! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back