Contribute
Register

Installing Sierra GM on a NVMe SAMSUNG 950 Pro (ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro) [success]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a el capitan 10.11.6 that i boot from. It cannot recognise my nvme m.2 drive even after ipatch using rahabman patches.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hello:

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Am I to understand that it is impossible to directly update to 10.12.2 from 10.11.6 if my current install is on an NVME (Samsung 950 m.2) and I am updating on that same drive? I've read around 200 posts but all that have succeeded seem to have run the update on a standard SSD and then cloned to the M.2. I have tried RehabMan's patches for 10.12.2 along with the class spoof and I can't get booted into the installer, I get a kernel crash that states "HID: Legacy shim 2" amongst other things. (post of kernel crash screen enclosed)

Thoughts?

Thanks again for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_7534.JPG
    IMG_7534.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 224
Hello:

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Am I to understand that it is impossible to directly update to 10.12.2 from 10.11.6 if my current install is on an NVME (Samsung 950 m.2) and I am updating on that same drive? I've read around 200 posts but all that have succeeded seem to have run the update on a standard SSD and then cloned to the M.2. I have tried RehabMan's patches for 10.12.2 along with the class spoof and I can't get booted into the installer, I get a kernel crash that states "HID: Legacy shim 2" amongst other things. (post of kernel crash screen enclosed)

Thoughts?

Thanks again for any help!

Did you try EMUvariable to EFI clover folder Drivers64EFI? It's an option when making the clover bootloader but you need to select it with OSiOaptifix driver. Do you have those in that folder?

Did you try EMUvariable to EFI clover folder Drivers64EFI? It's an option when making the clover bootloader but you need to select it with OSiOaptifix driver. Do you have those in that folder?

Yep, its in there. Have you been able to update from an NVME(10.11) to an NVME(10.12.2)? Update, not fresh install and then clone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back