Motherboard
Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
I've got a 6700k system that's been running great for years now. I've been using the RX 560 since I first installed Mojave a year+ ago and it worked perfectly OOTB (no additional steps post install). When I installed a new RX 580 recently I got the black screen (after the apple logo shows up) issue that's reported from time to time. I was doing a little reading and saw that people mentioned installing the whatevergreen & graphics kexts so I pulled down Multibeast 11.3.0 and went through as usual then rebooted.

I got the same black screen issue after I rebooted so I put the RX 560 back in and went to look around. When I look at the S/L/E I do see the WhatEverGreen kext but when I look at the L/E I don't see these ... so I'm curious -> do I need to copy these from S/L/E over to L/E or is this working as it should be?

Note: the system was a clean install of Mojave 10.14.6 (using Unibeast) about 3 weeks ago

i7 6700k
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
Corsair 700w PSU
Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB (the new AMD card I'm trying to get working)

Also -any further steps I can use to debug this?

Hackintosh kexts including WhateverGreen should not be in S/L/E. They should be in either Library/Extensions or CLOVER/Kexts/Other.

I learned that in my bios settings (for the Gigabyte Z170X-UD5) I had to change the OS to Windows 8/10 to visually see the CMS option and disable it. After that :) all was working perfectly w/ the RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back