Contribute
Register

Installing OSX on Toshiba L755-154 (PSK2YE) from USB, black screen after Apple logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z370 Pro4 3.20
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have been successfully installing and updating OSX on my pcs for the past 4 years, but I'm stuck this time with getting my laptop to the welcome screen. No matter what options I enter (-x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, maxmem=4096, PCIRootUID=1/0, and npci=0x2000/3000, etc), it still goes a black screen after the Apple logo.

Here's the Laptop spec's:

Toshiba L755-154(PSK2YE)
CPU:Intel Core i5-2410M
Memory: 6GB DDR3 1333
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (1gb memory)
HDD: 512 SSD

The USB stick was made using Unibeast 5.02. but have also tested with an older version 3.0.1.

I'm assuming it's a graphics driver issue, but not sure how to get around it on a laptop.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but have been successfully installing and updating OSX on my pcs for the past 4 years, but I'm stuck this time with getting my laptop to the welcome screen. No matter what options I enter (-x, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, maxmem=4096, PCIRootUID=1/0, and npci=0x2000/3000, etc), it still goes a black screen after the Apple logo.

Here's the Laptop spec's:

Toshiba L755-154(PSK2YE)

The USB stick was made using Unibeast 5.02. but have also tested with an older version 3.0.1.

I'm assuming it's a graphics driver issue, but not sure how to get around it on a laptop.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...aller-laptops-unibeast-chimera-chameleon.html

Hi RehabMan, and thank for your reply.

I found that guide before I posted here, but sadly(unless I've missed something) it did not offer anything that can fix my issue.

Does the USB installer log to the USB stick? as that would help me identify the issue, as I can't see any errors using -v before it goes black.

Hi RehabMan, and thank for your reply.

I found that guide before I posted here, but sadly(unless I've missed something) it did not offer anything that can fix my issue.

Does the USB installer log to the USB stick? as that would help me identify the issue, as I can't see any errors using -v before it goes black.

If you read the guide, why are you using all the wrong boot flags?

And why is your profile not filled out correctly?

If you read the guide, why are you using all the wrong boot flags?

And why is your profile not filled out correctly?

Profile? That's for my main Hackintosh PC. I've updated my profile to the current Yosemite. However it's the laptop that has the issue, and the reason I give the full specs in my first post. I've also added it now to "other hardware" in my profile, if that helps.

Yes, I'm sure I have used wrong settings in my attempt to get it to boot the installer. I've just gone through the guide you linked, and have tested each boot option, but no change. No Kernel Panic, or errors that I can see. It just goes black when I should be seeing the installer welcome screen. I assume

The Graphics Problems section is only for Intel integrated graphics, and is not relevant to this laptop as it uses dedicated graphics( GT 525M).

I've seen this issue in desktop PCs, and it's always been the graphics card. I assume the GT 525M not compatible. Any known work around for it?

Profile? That's for my main Hackintosh PC. I've updated my profile to the current Yosemite. However it's the laptop that has the issue, and the reason I give the full specs in my first post. I've also added it now to "other hardware" in my profile, if that helps.

If you want help from me, it must be in your profile or signature as requested.

Yes, I'm sure I have used wrong settings in my attempt to get it to boot the installer. I've just gone through the guide you linked, and have tested each boot option,

It may take certain boot options in combination. It is best to use the boot options as appropriate for your hardware instead of blindly "testing" them.

but no change. No Kernel Panic, or errors that I can see. It just goes black when I should be seeing the installer welcome screen. I assume

The Graphics Problems section is only for Intel integrated graphics, and is not relevant to this laptop as it uses dedicated graphics( GT 525M).

No idea without hardware details, as previously requested.

You should also verify you have dedicated (and not switched) graphics. Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

If it is dedicated (no Intel graphics at all), you'll probably need GraphicsEnabler=Yes and eventually will need DSDT edits to enable the internal LVDS display (might have to use HDMI in the interim).

If you want help from me, it must be in your profile or signature as requested.

It may take certain boot options in combination. It is best to use the boot options as appropriate for your hardware instead of blindly "testing" them.

No idea without hardware details, as previously requested.

You should also verify you have dedicated (and not switched) graphics. Run 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal.

I gave the specs on the first post:

Toshiba L755-154(PSK2YE)

What other details do you need?

I was thinking about the switch graphics myself after searching the web, but all the Toshiba website says relating the graphics is:
Graphics type :
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M with CUDA™ Technology
memory amount : 1,024 MB dedicated VRAM. Available graphics memory can be expanded using system memory, through TurboCache™ technology: up to 3,830 MB with 6 GB system memory installed, and up to 4,095 MB with 8 GB system memory, (with pre-installed 64-bit operating system).
memory type : DDR3 Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus : PCI Express®

There is no option in the bios relating to graphics, and windows make no mention of Intel HD graphics.

Here's the link to the spec: http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/satellite-l755-154/

I gave the specs on the first post:

Toshiba L755-154(PSK2YE)

What other details do you need?

The details must be in your profile or signature. I (and others) will not bother to go searching for specs, especially as the thread becomes longer than one page.

I was thinking about the switch graphics myself after searching the web, but all the Toshiba website says relating the graphics is:
Graphics type :
NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M with CUDA™ Technology
memory amount : 1,024 MB dedicated VRAM. Available graphics memory can be expanded using system memory, through TurboCache™ technology: up to 3,830 MB with 6 GB system memory installed, and up to 4,095 MB with 8 GB system memory, (with pre-installed 64-bit operating system).
memory type : DDR3 Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus : PCI Express®

You can't trust manufacturer websites.

There is no option in the bios relating to graphics, and windows make no mention of Intel HD graphics.

Here's the link to the spec: http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/satellite-l755-154/

It is best to find out for sure with 'lspci -nn' in Linux Terminal. Have fun...

Will do. Thinking of Linux, I did a search for the same laptop issue, and it came up with the same issue booting Linux GUI.

btw, I can't add Laptops to sig. only builds. Anyway I've manually added to my sig. Hope that's correct. I've never asked for help before on forums, I normally search for it or fix it myself. So please forgive my empty profile :) I've edited my old posts to add my sig.

Will do. Thinking of Linux, I did a search for the same laptop issue, and it came up with the same issue booting Linux GUI.

That will be interesting...

BTW, if you just want to reach the installer and by-pass your graphics issues (assuming you have only nvidia), use nv_disable=1 to disable the nvidia drivers. You'll boot with VESA drivers at that point and be able to complete the install. You can deal with the nvidia issues later, when booting is faster and there is a bit more flexibility (nvidia web drivers).

btw, I can't add Laptops to sig. only builds. Anyway I've manually added to my sig. Hope that's correct.

That's the best way anyway. The build signatures are horribly limited.

I've never asked for help before on forums, I normally search for it or fix it myself. So please forgive my empty profile :) I've edited my old posts to add my sig.

The system will eventually add your signature to all posts previously made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back