GA-Z270-HD3P (rev. 1.0)
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700k
Graphics
Gigabyte G1 GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello guys,

I really need your help with this issue. I'm also sure i can't be the only one looking to achieve the same thing even if it seems a bit crazy.

I'm a Logic pro 9 user. As you might know, with newer versions of OS X, Apple have been gradually dropping support for version 9, to the point where we are today, High Sierra, where its not supported at all. On my Mac, i stayed on Mavericks which was the last stable version for LP9.

Its late 2017, and i wanted to upgrade my hardware (its about time hehe..). I acquired a kaby lake machine:
- CPU: i7 7700k
- MoBo: Gigabyte z270 HD3P
- RAM: 2x8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2400Mhz
- GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

So now, i have the "Mavericks installer" on my mac, i created a bootable USB with an older UniBeast tool (Chimera Based) which i couldn't boot at all (Stuck at apple logo), i also tried the -x-v and other flags which went fine and got me to a black screen. After reading the little information there is in this forum about a Mavericks install on newer machines, it says that its not compatible with kaby lake processors.

Is there any method to use a FakeCPUID or whatever to get a Mavericks install running in my machine ??

If i can't get mavericks i'll have no choice but to upgrade to LPX (200€) and use Sierra or High Sierra (which installer is 19mb only, i didn't find a way to get the full installer yet). The price itself doesn't bother me as much as switching the very familiar interface of LP9 and dealing with plugins compatibility issues which can be very problematic!! I would highly appreciate sticking with Mavericks if possible.

I'm confident that people still working with older versions of the "Pro" apps will be very interested in the outcome of this post as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

Merry christmas!

Nex

Hello guys,

I really need your help with this issue. I'm also sure i can't be the only one looking to achieve the same thing even if it seems a bit crazy.

I'm a Logic pro 9 user. As you might know, with newer versions of OS X, Apple have been gradually dropping support for version 9, to the point where we are today, High Sierra, where its not supported at all. On my Mac, i stayed on Mavericks which was the last stable version for LP9.

Its late 2017, and i wanted to upgrade my hardware (its about time hehe..). I acquired a kaby lake machine:
- CPU: i7 7700k
- MoBo: Gigabyte z270 HD3P
- RAM: 2x8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws V 2400Mhz
- GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

So now, i have the "Mavericks installer" on my mac, i created a bootable USB with an older UniBeast tool (Chimera Based) which i couldn't boot at all (Stuck at apple logo), i also tried the -x-v and other flags which went fine and got me to a black screen. After reading the little information there is in this forum about a Mavericks install on newer machines, it says that its not compatible with kaby lake processors.

Is there any method to use a FakeCPUID or whatever to get a Mavericks install running in my machine ??

If i can't get mavericks i'll have no choice but to upgrade to LPX (200€) and use Sierra or High Sierra (which installer is 19mb only, i didn't find a way to get the full installer yet). The price itself doesn't bother me as much as switching the very familiar interface of LP9 and dealing with plugins compatibility issues which can be very problematic!! I would highly appreciate sticking with Mavericks if possible.

I'm confident that people still working with older versions of the "Pro" apps will be very interested in the outcome of this post as well.

Thank you very much in advance.

Merry christmas!

Nex

Mavericks has no support for new hardware like Kaby Lake and you won't be able to get it to run on Kaby Lake hardware like your machine. For your build you need either Sierra or High Sierra.

If you want to try MacOS Sierra you can download it from a link in this document :
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208202

If you want to run Mavericks you must stick with Haswell hardware or earlier.

Hello again guys,

Thank you for the replies.

I installed Mac OS X Sierra (using the guide in the corresponding section), and Logic pro 9 seems to be working perfectly for the moment. So for anyone running Kaby lake systems and want to continue using LP9, you know what to do, you don't necessarily need Mavericks.

Best regards,

Nex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back