2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I'm back after years of absence and spent the last 12+ hours to set up my old Mac Pro 5,1 (SMBIOS; I know this isn't the preferred choice anymore, but again I've already put too much effort into this, and other users with similar hardware have been quite successful with this) build and installing web drivers for the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti on macOS 10.12.04 Sierra. I've followed a few guides here and made use of the following script; "https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update" to have the updated drivers installed. I tried a many different boot flags and kexts; AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen and had them properly installed via KextBeast into Library/Extensions directory.

Clover Configurator settings:

Boot -- dart=0
Graphics -- nothing ticked here (Inject NVIDIA)
Kernel and Kext Patches -- Apple RTC, AppleIntelCPUPM, KernelIPm ticked
KextsToPatch -- AppleAHCIPort, AppleUSBXHCIPCI, Apple HDA, AppleTyMCEDriver
Rt Variables -- from SMBIOS Rom: UseMacAddr0, MLB: blank, BooterConfig: 0x28, CarActiveCfg: 0x67
System Parameters -- Inject Kexts: Yes, Inject System ID, NvidiaWeb ticked

After configuring all the latest kexts I'm running into the black screen issue, tried to solve this -- but know I'm only able to boot without cache at this point.

I'll post my Boot.log and config.plist in an instant here.

Thanks for your help!

Much Love,

L.C.

Last edited:
had them properly installed via KextBeast into Library/Extensions directory
System Parameters -- Inject Kexts: Yes
With kexts installed in Library/Extensions Inject Kexts should be set to Detect not Yes.

The web drivers are dependent on native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test

With kexts installed in Library/Extensions Inject Kexts should be set to Detect not Yes.

The web drivers are dependent on native NVRAM support or an emulation of same - Test

Thanks for your reply P1LGRIM, much appreciated.

I've set the Inject Kexts to 'Detect' and tested my NVRAM.
It's working. Still, I can't boot into macOS, black screen prevails.

Anything else I can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back