Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I recently purchased and EVGA GTX970 SC (Like so)
I'm pretty noobish, so I'm probably doing something wrong, but when I install the card and boot the computer I am getting no response. The monitor gets a signal, but there is no display and it doesnt go to the BIOS or bootloader.

It was my understanding that I might need to use the "NVdisable=1" in order to do the initial install, but I dont even get to a place where I can access that.

Let me know if any more information is needed and I will try to get it

thanks!

(running El Capitan, if that matters)

Set the PCIe card to the initiate device in bios.

No Luck,
is there something I should have changed prior to installing it? I was originally following this thread, but I didnt get past step 2 because I cant access the bios

Ahh, thanks,
Apologies, I got that updated

Ahh, thanks,
Apologies, I got that updated

Are you able to boot using the IGP or at least see the bios?

Also when you get to the boot screen the boot-flag to use with nv_disable=1 not NVdisable=1. This should allow you to boot using the GTX 970 with no drivers installed without acceleration until you can get the proper drivers installed. Since you cannot even get to the BIOS or boot screen then this is not an OS X or driver issue. Check to make sure everything is seated properly, GPU in the PCIe slot and the power cables connected to it. Also make sure that you have the proper PCIe settings slot speed settings, auto or at least x8.

My board doesn't have an IGP, or at least it has no outputs for one. That was my first thought. I can boot just fine from my previous graphics card in the same slot, I'll have to see if I can find out if the pci slot is set correctly

My board doesn't have an IGP, or at least it has no outputs for one. That was my first thought. I can boot just fine from my previous graphics card in the same slot, I'll have to see if I can find out if the pci slot is set correctly

Ah you are correct. Your processor has Intel HD3000 graphics but your board doesn't support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back