Graphics
ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi anyone with similar specs manage to upgrade to Mountain Lion successfully? Let's help one another out on this one.

For my case instead of using xMove, I accidentally install Mountain Lion on my 8GB partition using UniBeast.

I manage to install ML successfully but I've got kernel panic and didn't manage to boot into ML.

At that time, I didn't have rBoot nor iBoot lying around. But somehow after playing around with -x, -s, -v, -f and -F and many round of restart i manage to boot into ML.

I proceed to install MultiBeast with DSDT but each time it said the installation failed. so i thought maybe i delete the extra folder and do a fresh install of MultiBeast. That did not make any difference. I left the computer on and headed for school.

When I got back the computer was in kernel panic. This time I had iBoot, rBoot and ML on USB drive using MultiBeast.

I tried booting from the USB and then select my Mac HD which has ML installed just like the guide advise but it got into a KP yet again.

Tried doing a fresh install from ML but every time i boot into the the ML installation screen, all my USB device got dc. I guess it got something to do with the legacy usb rollback support for 1156 chipset because I did check that box when install ML using UniBeast but i think it might still have some problems.

Anyone out there with solutions or suggestions? Do let me know which screenshot I should provide as well. Cheers and thanks in advance.

progress so far...

my progress so far.

managed to did a fresh install of ml using xmove.

managed to boot into ml after installation using the ml usb drive.

for that you have to tweak the usb drive before you can use it.

you need showallfiles to access the extra folder in the ml usb drive.

delete the usb rollback files in the extra folder and replace with the ones dled from here: tonymacx86 Forum • Information

however after booting into ml to complete the installation, i was unable to install multi beast.

each time i tired i got the error message saying installation failed.

any ideas anyone?

error message for -s and -v:

Attachments

• _MG_2114.jpg
    _MG_2114.jpg
    778.2 KB · Views: 557
  • _MG_2115.jpg
    _MG_2115.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 556
Ok the new unibeast solved the USB problem but I'm still unable to install multibeast. I keep getting the installation fail error. Ideas anyone?

Are you trying to update or do a clean install?

I had to do a clean install after installing over my existing set up failed. I have the same board as you.

I have a mostly successful build but I can't put the rig to sleep.

Let me know if doing a clean install helps

J

Coincidentally, I've got the same errors when I boot using a few different boot flags. For instance, when I boot using "UseKernelCache=No" I get the same boot error as your first screenshot. Line for Line, which is what I think is causing my sleep errors... The AppleRTC kext that is ACTUALLY in my /S/L/E folder is not getting loaded. I also have the AppleHDA problem and the IOGraphicsFamily Kext error...

Have you made any progress?

J

I've got mine working 100%, glad to help if I can. Sleep, everything working.

Ok, maybe except that I'm only getting the low (x9) and high (x22) p-states in SpeedStep, but I'm not interested that much in the middle p-states.

Sleep on this mobo is a simple matter of getting your hardware and bios settings right. Oh, and forget USB 3.0.

Hi anyone with similar specs manage to upgrade to Mountain Lion successfully? Let's help one another out on this one.

For my case instead of using xMove, I accidentally install Mountain Lion on my 8GB partition using UniBeast.

I manage to install ML successfully but I've got kernel panic and didn't manage to boot into ML.

At that time, I didn't have rBoot nor iBoot lying around. But somehow after playing around with -x, -s, -v, -f and -F and many round of restart i manage to boot into ML.

I proceed to install MultiBeast with DSDT but each time it said the installation failed. so i thought maybe i delete the extra folder and do a fresh install of MultiBeast. That did not make any difference. I left the computer on and headed for school.

When I got back the computer was in kernel panic. This time I had iBoot, rBoot and ML on USB drive using MultiBeast.

I tried booting from the USB and then select my Mac HD which has ML installed just like the guide advise but it got into a KP yet again.

Tried doing a fresh install from ML but every time i boot into the the ML installation screen, all my USB device got dc. I guess it got something to do with the legacy usb rollback support for 1156 chipset because I did check that box when install ML using UniBeast but i think it might still have some problems.

Anyone out there with solutions or suggestions? Do let me know which screenshot I should provide as well. Cheers and thanks in advance.

use this for multibeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 4.34.09 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 4.34.09 AM.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 450
I've got mine working 100%, glad to help if I can. Sleep, everything working.

Ok, maybe except that I'm only getting the low (x9) and high (x22) p-states in SpeedStep, but I'm not interested that much in the middle p-states.

Sleep on this mobo is a simple matter of getting your hardware and bios settings right. Oh, and forget USB 3.0.

Peppy, what settings did you use, exactly? I'm using the same one's I used before with Snow Leopard and Lion. Never had a sleep issue before. In the OS, all three of those boxes are checked under power saving features. I have my bios set to SR3, I'm currently not overclocked (though that was never a problem before), I have tried using only one gfx card, one HDD while installing etc. NOTHING is working for me...

Any info you can provide would be awesome.

J

J,

These are the settings I use, except for the Realtek driver. I'm using a Sonnet Presto GigE. After taking this image cap, I pulled my Sonnet and tested the Realtek driver. My system would go to sleep fine, wake, but not re-initialize the Realtek GigE correctly. Ethernet was not working at all after wake. You could try Lnx2Mac's, but it never worked with sleep for me.

If you ever installed the Renasas USB 3.0 kexts, you need to delete them for S/L/E. No sleep possible with them installed.

Try inserting a blank CD if you don't have a Sony Optiarc. If you are using 3rd party WiFi/Bluetooth, yank them out and test. The P55A-UD4P sleeps fine with optimized bios settings +AHCI +64 bit HPET.

Multibeast 5.0.2.jpg

Energy Saver.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back