Graphics
evga 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently purchased some parts for a hackintosh intel core i7 gigabyte motherboard build. My motherboard is a gigabyte ga-x79-up4. I already made a ml boot drive on a usb. I will be putting together the parts for the computer in a fee days. I also have a 660ti. Is there any modifications ill need to make in the bios to get this up and running. Also, would i need to run any scripts on the boot up screen such as the "-graphicsenabler=no" and similer commands.

Ive been doing some research and none of the articles Ive read said anything about the little scripts you write on the boot up screen, Does this mean i don't need to do that, Thanks.

when you boot from the stick you made with unibeast you come to the chimera boot screen. the you just type exactly this GraphicsEnabler=No and then you hit enter. after installation it will reboot and you come again to this screen and have to do the same but this time you type it and then use the arrow button to go to your drive with the installation and hit enter. then you boot into the drive and use multi beast... in multibeast don´t forget to click on GraphicsEnabler=No then it will be installed and you don´t have to right it whiler every boot....

Thankyou for your reply. Also, can i put multibeast on another usb and put that into my hackintosh because i may not have internet connection at first, thanks.
also does this mean imy graphics card wont work?

Thankyou for your reply. Also, can i put multibeast on another usb and put that into my hackintosh because i may not have internet connection at first, thanks.
also does this mean imy graphics card wont work?

sure you can put MB on a usb stick, the usb ports work also before you have installed all drivers. never use a usb3 port for install and also don´t use it to copy MB on your desktop.
your grafik card is very well supported an the you use graficsenabler=no means the bootloader (chimera) does not need to inject it while booting. if you don´t do GE=no you will end up in a black or white screen, hanging...

here the article, but you have to use 10.8.2 not 10.8

http://www.tonymacx86.com/252-10-8-2-brings-complete-native-support-nvidia-gf100-gf110-gk104.html

NOTE: When using GeForce GTX 6xx cards in Mountain Lion, you must use GraphicsEnabler=No.

Thanks for replying. Ill try this out and ill post how it worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back