Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks on Toshiba Satellite P50A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok now I tried all possible values with IGPEnabler=Yes.
But still no result. Still it flickers and restarts. Please tell me what should I do now.
Please help.
thank you

What restarts? Have you installed yet? Did you replace the mach_kernel (on your HDD) with the patched one?

I'm explaining you clearly.

I was was able to install the Mac in my partition after patching with the mach_kernel you gave. Now the next step is I'm supposed to boot inside the installed os in the partition right. So my system won't boot inside the new Mac installed partition. Instead it flickers and restarts. Did you get the whole picture now?

i installed it without using any flags and without deleting the nvidia kexts. But now I couldn't complete the post installation process as I could not boot inside the newly installed OS.
Please help. I'm really trying hard.
Thank you.

I'm explaining you clearly.

I was was able to install the Mac in my partition after patching with the mach_kernel you gave. Now the next step is I'm supposed to boot inside the installed os in the partition right. So my system won't boot inside the new Mac installed partition. Instead it flickers and restarts. Did you get the whole picture now?

You need to place the patched mach_kernel on your HDD as well... The OS X installer puts the unpatched mach_kernel as part of the installation process (and thus the reboot using unpatched mach_kernel). So, you need to boot into the the OS X installer (via the USB), choose Utilities -> Terminal, and replace the mach_kernel on your HDD:

Code:
# assuming you called your HDD partition "Macintosh HD"
cp /mach_kernel "/Volumes/Macintosh HD"

Thank you so much. That solved the problem.
I was able to boot to the installed mavericks only after using the flag -x and only using the USB stick. When I tried to use without USB, I got boot0 error. So in followed these steps in the link :http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html#

That solved the problem. Thank you so much.
Now my problem is I don't have audio driver as my device is IDT. And please tell me how to enable WiFi also.
Please help.
Thank you so much.

Please I want to enable only nvidia graphics, WiFi and sound. Please help.
Thank you.

Please I want to enable only nvidia graphics, WiFi and sound. Please help.
Thank you.

Switched graphics such as Nvidia optimus is not supported by OS X. HD4600 is used instead.

WiFi: depends on having a compatible card. Use DPCIManager to find out what you have. See this post for supported devices: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Audio: Best results are with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide' so you can collect a codec dump from Linux, then search for a patched AppleHDA for that specific codec.

imscreed -
Can you let me (us) know what you did (the exact steps) in the end to make this all work? I have the same exact system and really hope to install Mavericks on it (have never tried something like this before.)

It's not really worth it to give it a try. I installed it but had problems with drivers and little lag. If you want to install Mac do it in VMware. But it's a good thing that I gained little experience in installing hackintosh. Thanks to @RehabMan for helping me with this.

Mainly you will have problem with the graphics drivers and wifi and all. So I uninstalled my hackintosh. If you really want to install then go through this entire thread and do exactly what @RehabMan has said. I really appreciate him for helping a lot of people. I'm sure he can guide you too if you have any doubts.

This is is my opinion. Please ignore if you don't like it.

Thank you

where I can download the patched kernel???
can you give me the patched kernel ???? for maverick 10.9.0

thank in advance.

My computer

P50 B 10V
cpu 4710
graph 4600 and ati r9 265

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back