Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks on Toshiba Satellite P50A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thank you so much. After patching with your given mach_kernel, without using any flags, I was able to successfully boot and get the installer screen. I followed all the steps for installation. But unfortunately The same problem(flickering or black screen) is there when I try to boot from the installed partition. Please help. I tried using few flags too but it didn't work.
Thank you

What ig-platform-id are you using? What is your screen resolution? Did you use "Graphics Mode"=1920x1080x32 (substitute your own screen resolution).

I didn't use any flags or Dsdt. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080. Can you please provide me with steps if have to use any flags or modify something in USB and install again. I don't know what is ig platform id. Please help.
Thank you

Ok. I tried with IGPlatformID with different values and it didn't work. Actually was unable to go to the installer before right, so I made USB again and just patched the mach_kernel. I didn't delete the nvidia kexts. So should I delete those kexts and try installing again? Or is there any other possible ways for this?

Oh please. I now tried using all possible flags. Still the flickering occurs. But the USB is booting fine to Mac. The installed partition is not booting. There should be some flag or some solution to rectify this. Please help.
As I told you earlier I have Intel hd 4600 and nvidia GeForce gt 740m.
Please please help.

Ok. I tried with IGPlatformID with different values and it didn't work. Actually was unable to go to the installer before right, so I made USB again and just patched the mach_kernel. I didn't delete the nvidia kexts. So should I delete those kexts and try installing again? Or is there any other possible ways for this?

You need to systematically try each one. Make sure you use IGPEnabler=Y along with IGPlatformID.

Last you wrote, you were able to install... is that not the case?

Yeah I was able to install but now I couldn't boot from the installed partition containing the Mac OS. Ok I'm trying again with the flags you mentioned.

I didn't use any flags to boot the installer. I just used the patched mach_kernel you gave and I was successfully able to boot and install.

Ok now I tried all possible values with IGPEnabler=Yes.
But still no result. Still it flickers and restarts. Please tell me what should I do now.
Please help.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back