Contribute
Register

Installing mavericks on GA Z77X UD5H, i7 3770k, (GTX 650/internal graphics) PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z77x-ud5h lga 1155
CPU
i7
Graphics
gtx 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi i built my computer a while ago and had it working on mountain lion for a while but a couple of months ago it stopped working. (only running with -x) and i wasn't able to get it running properly again.

recently i decided to back everything up and start again with mavericks but i keep getting stuck after the apple screen on a white screen with :beachball: cursor

my specks are:

GA Z77X UD5H
i7 3770k
GTX 650

Every problem I've had with this computer seems to be to do with the graphics card so I've just taken it out now but im still getting the same problem with the internal graphics. any suggestions??

I have a pretty clean hackintosh running on similar specs, a UP4 TH, same CPU, but a Radeon HD 6850 GPU. So far the Radeon GPU won't work, so I'm using the internal Intel 4k graphics.

What I did was use unibeast to create the USB stick, disconnected the Radeon GPU, set the BIOS (AHCI etc), did a clean install; then booted from the USB stick again but selected the internal HD; booted to desktop, ran multibeast and selected DSDT-free; audio drivers for my board (DSDT-free ALC 892), ethernet drivers, SATA drivers, the default stuff like FakeSMC and chameleon that comes with selecting DSDT-free. If you can get your system running well using the internal Intel 4k graphics, then you can switch to Nvidia GPU.

Most folks are saying the Nvidia GPUs are much easier to get working, with just GraphicsEnabler=No.

Are you installing over an existing install? Might be cleaner to re-intall clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back