i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone a few days ago I bought Intel 4770k and Maximus vi Formula and yesterday I installed Mavericks successful on this board and Im very very happy about it.. ofc I have a few issues and I would like some help guys.I forgot to mention that I will buy my new gpu (propably gtx 770) at christmas so for now im working only with onboard graphics intel hd 4600.
So lets start: onboard audio is based on alc1150 so it works when you install the appropriate driver from multibeast. Also the mic is working great.. haven't tested yet 5.1 audio but my logitech stereo speakers work very nice. Network adapter is Intel i217v so again it works with intel driver from Multibeast very nice. iGpu is working also without any problems. All USB 3.0/2.0 work great.. haven't test the speed in every port but they are all recognized from the system. Fcpx, after affects cc, photoshop cc work fast and smooth and also Geekbench 3 gave an amazing cpu/memory score that is similar to a mac pro which costs almost 4000$ (Geekbench claims that.. i dont know how real and true is this).
Now the problems that I have are basically 2:
1. I can't boot straight from the ssd (Corsair 3 Force 60GB Sata 3) so I have always plugged in a back port my usb stick with unibeast inside and I boot from there.
2. Everytime I boot to Mavericks my 2 optical drives eject their trays out and I have to push them back with my hand... after this the drives work just fine.
Any help guys would be much appreciated.

1. I can't boot straight from the ssd (Corsair 3 Force 60GB Sata 3) so I have always plugged in a back port my usb stick with unibeast inside and I boot from there.
2. Everytime I boot to Mavericks my 2 optical drives eject their trays out and I have to push them back with my hand... after this the drives work just fine.
Any help guys would be much appreciated.

For 1, have you tried installing just Chimera from MultiBeast of using the stand alone Chimera installer? It sounds as if you might have the Boot0 error problem. If so, see the official guide.

For 2, have no idea what is causing this - never had it happen to me. Have you tried googling for it?

Initially I could only boot (ASUS Z87 Deluxe/Dual) from my UniBeast USB drive when I had my Mavericks SSD formatted GUID. I reformatted the Mavericks SSD with MBR, copied the Mavericks backup image to the SSD, rebootted using USB and went into Mavericks, and then reinstalled Chimera. Upon completing these tasks I was able to dual boot Windows 7 and Mavericks without the USB. My build is in the link below.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113861-install-stalled-asus-z87-deluxe-dual.html#post692409

Dan

Thanks for your help. This is my basic build when installed 1st time Mavericks.Chimera 2.2.1 is already included.
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 4.27.27 PM.jpg

I tried also to install again latest chimera version but the problem remains.
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 4.28.49 PM.jpg

So when I try to boot from my ssd it throws me automatically to windows 8.1 loading screen which is installed in a 2nd OCZ Vertex3 Ssd. The only error I receive is when booting from usb unibeast flash drive I get 4 times: EBIOS Read Error: Error 0x31 and then it leads me to the screen which from there I select the ssd that Mavericks is installed. I already googled about optical drives that they eject during loading screen but I didn't find anything.. I feel that if I can find a solution to boot directly from my ssd then it might solve this problem too.
Edit: So fooswolf you suggest to reformat my ssd to MBR.. what software did you use to create the entire image of your preview installation from your hdd? Propably then Asus Z87 boards don't boot properly with GUID partitions.. is it a standard issue that you have see and from other people using Asus?

Silly question about the software for restore and after that I remembered to do it with disk utility..
The problem is that to burn my ssd to a dmg file requires to boot from usb flash drive and go to installation screen and from there use disk util.. but when I do that and I try to change a value it restores automatically the default settings and doesn't let me to proceed. Very complicated and annoying.. I had this problem also when i installed Mavericks and when I was trying form disk utility again to create "1 partition" it was instantly go back to "Current" so I had to choose the partition and at the same time press the apply button in order to avoid by speed to revert to Current.It sounds crazy i know but it seems Unibeast and formula don't have very good relation between them. Any suggestion/experience on this guys? maybe its a setting from the bios that makes unibeast acts like crazy.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English and I hope everyone who red this could understand what I wanted to say :)

Thanks for your help. This is my basic build when installed 1st time Mavericks.Chimera 2.2.1 is already included.
I tried also to install again latest chimera version but the problem remains.

Try install again and this time use UserDSDT / DSDT Free instead of EasyBeast

I tried UserDSDT / DSDT Free but no luck. I tried to make a copy my ssd via disk utility to a usb flash drive but it stucks while copying and now Im cleaning an hdd i have in case i can make him a storage for the image file.. so if it works I will try to reformat my ssd to mbr and then restore from the image file.I will update soon..
ty all for ur help guys :)

Update: Unfortunately when Im trying to use Disk Utility to copy my ssd volume to a usb flash drive or to a sata hdd the process stops after a few seconds and the screen freezes. My conclusion from all these until now is that Unibeast and my Bios do have some complications together but after I log into Mavericks everything works extremely well...

Update 2: Finally I can boot directly from my ssd to Mavericks thanks to ur help guys. So instead of Disk utility I used Carbon Copy Cloner and I copied my entire ssd to an old 500gb sata2 hdd I had.. after this I booted from this hdd and I formatted my ssd to MBR, then I copied again the entire hdd to my ssd and I was able to boot again from my ssd but only from usb stick again.. so I installed again from Multibeast only the boot loader which is Chimera 2.2.1 and finally I was able to boot directly from ssd this time. I have to mention that the 2 optical drives still eject every time I boot to Mavericks.. they are plugged in the ASmedia controller of the motherboard so Im thinking to plug them into the main controller which is the intel and see how it goes. When I will fix and this issue I will post a full installation guide for this motherboard.

Update 3: Yup it was the Asmedia controller and I don't know why but when I switched my 2 optical drives to intel sata controller then it never happened again. So I will make a full installation guide for Asus Maximus VI Formula and I would like to ask if I must post it here or should I open a new topic?

Successful Installation Guide Mavericks 10.9 - Asus Maximus VI Formula

System
Cpu: Intel 4770K
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
Gpu: Intel Graphics Processor (tested with DP connection)
Ram: Kingston 16GB 1600Mhz C9 (KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX x2)
HDD: Corsair Force 3 GS 60GB Sata 3 SSD
DVD: 2 Optical Drives DVD Rewriter
PSU: Corsair Z Series 1000W
Tower: Kandalf LCS 4000 Liquid Cooling
Monitor: Dell U2413 Ultrasharp

Software Requirements
Unibeast 3.0.0
Multibeast 6.0.0
Carbon Copy Cloner
Mavericks 10.9 from Appstore (free)

Bios Settings: Default, be sure to set Sata Controller to AHCI Mode. Maximus Formula has 10 Sata 3 ports which 6 of them are from the Intel Chipset and the other 4 are from ASMedia Controller so connect every hdd and optical drive to Intel Controller (my 2 optical drives where ejecting automatically every time I was logging to Mavericks when they were connected to ASMedia Controller).
Prepare your Unibeast USB Flash Drive and Install Mavericks based on this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Multibeast Configuration: After successful installation boot again from USB Flash drive and choose the drive you installed Mavericks. When you setup your settings for 1st time place the Multibeast in your desktop and run it.
Your Build must include all these:
Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 1.12.01 PM.jpg

Install and Restart.
Boot again from USB.
Everything should work except to boot straight from the SSD. Thats because the drive we chose to make the installation it was formatted using GUID Partition which the specific motherboard doesn't support as for now. To be able to run Mavericks straight from the SSD we must reformat the partition to MBR (Master Boot Record) and to do that we need a 2nd hard drive and Carbon Copy Cloner software to make an entire image from our Mac installation before we reformat the drive to MBR.

Reformatting Partition Process:
1. Download Carbon Copy Cloner or other similar software.
2. Be sure to Partition the 2nd HD to Mac OS Journaled as GUID Partition
3. Clone SSD to this 2nd HDD (choose clone everything)
Screen Shot 2013-11-24 at 1.42.24 PM.jpg
4. Boot from HDD (Using Unibeast USB)
5. Open Disk Utility and reformat SSD to Mac OS Journaled and as Master Boot Record this time.
6. Clone HDD to SSD (choose clone everything again)
7. Boot from SSD (Using Unibeast USB)
8. Install from Multibeast only the boot loader (Chimera 2.2.1) and restart.
9. Boot directly from the SSD - Congratulations.

Until now everything works excellent, All Usb 3.0/2.0 ports are recognised from the system.
Some Apps which I tested are: Photoshop CC, Bridge CC, After Affects CC, FCP X and Lightroom 5.2.

Hi everyone today I bought Asus GTX 770 2GB version as Christmas present :)
Unfortunately I cant boot with it in Mavericks... after the login screen the monitor goes to Power Save Mode.
The steps I followed so far are:

Disable from BIOS the iGpu.
I also tried the following combination flags:
1. PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
2. PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
3. PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
4. PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Sometime the only thing I made work is to boot with -v -x and when I logged in I reinstalled Cuda drivers 5.5.28.
Any help would be much appreciated guys.

Update:
I discovered that I dont have to use any flags to boot into Mavericks.. the only thing I have to do
is to power off my monitor and re open it. I use Displayport connection and everytime Im booting to Mavericks with GTX 770 then after login screen it goes to power save mode! Then if i turn off and turn on again my monitor everything is fine. Very strange... and the monitor I use is new (Dell U2413) maybe if I use another connection such as Dvi or Hdmi I can solve the problem. Anybody has experience a situation like this before? And Last is there any way to boot into Mavericks with iGpu enabled also?

Now random freezes came up... omg I solve one problem and another 2 pop up....!
I searched about random freezes and I found that many ppl that have install gtx 7 series have
similar problems. Any suggestions - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back