Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Y700
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 960M - HD 530
My current system has Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch all installed on the same drive. I want to install macOS alongside these other OSs and ideally chainload into clover from Grub to boot macOS, though I would also be okay with using clover instead if it would be significantly easier to do so.

Most of the guides however start with installing macOS first, but in my case I already have Windows, and Manjaro installed.

I am not that familiar with boot loaders however and wanted to ask for some advice or see if there is anything I should watch out for as I want to avoid making Windows and Manjaro unbootable.

Will Clover cause issue with Windows or Manjaro? Can I just update-grub if something goes wrong?

Any input would be appreciated.

Now that's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that.

I had actually run into a new issue, my boot partition is only 100 MB and apparently 200 MB is needed to boot using Clover. As a result of this, I was going to install macOS onto a USB drive where it could have it's own 200 MB boot partition.

But If I do things your way then I can just install macOS onto my hard drive instead of the USB and just use a USB to boot it. Thanks for the idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back