Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Z710
CPU
i7-4702MQ
Graphics
GT 840M
Hey guys ,can someone provide some help into installing mac os on the Lenovo Z710 that would be very helpfull ,i want to install mac os purely just for graphic editing like photoshop and just some browsing so not too much ,i've done a little research and i found something but it says that the discrete/dedicated video card wouldn't be compatible with mac and that sucks because i need the gpu acceleration in photoshop ,can anyone provide me some info regarding the upgrade ,i like windows but the interface is an eyesore ,also thanks in advance for any help is welcome !

My laptop specs are:
i7 - 4702MQ ,Nvidia Geforce 840M ,16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9

Hey guys ,can someone provide some help into installing mac os on the Lenovo Z710 that would be very helpfull ,i want to install mac os purely just for graphic editing like photoshop and just some browsing so not too much ,i've done a little research and i found something but it says that the discrete/dedicated video card wouldn't be compatible with mac and that sucks because i need the gpu acceleration in photoshop ,can anyone provide me some info regarding the upgrade ,i like windows but the interface is an eyesore ,also thanks in advance for any help is welcome !

My laptop specs are:
i7 - 4702MQ ,Nvidia Geforce 840M ,16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz CL9
check in windows device manager and see if you also have intel graphics

check in windows device manager and see if you also have intel graphics
Yes it does have Intel HD Graphics 4600
P.S: Sorry for the late reply been pretty busy nowadays ..
Could i install it but the thing is that i would use it for graphic editing like Photoshop wich recomends the Discrete GPU instead of the integrated one wich is .. 112 MB only :/

Yes it does have Intel HD Graphics 4600
P.S: Sorry for the late reply been pretty busy nowadays ..
Could i install it but the thing is that i would use it for graphic editing like Photoshop wich recomends the Discrete GPU instead of the integrated one wich is .. 112 MB only :/
then only your intel graphics will work

then only your intel graphics will work
Awch ,so there's not a walkaround like a driver or something to make the nvidia gpu work? Is not supported by the build or is something in the code that prevents it? No way to modify a file or something to be able to use the whole 2GB gpu ?

Awch ,so there's not a walkaround like a driver or something to make the nvidia gpu work? Is not supported by the build or is something in the code that prevents it? No way to modify a file or something to be able to use the whole 2GB gpu ?
no, only your intel graphics will work

unless your nvidia card is routed through your hdmi port then you can use the nvidia web drivers, but you will then have to use a hdmi monitor for that to work

you will have to test in windows, plug in monitor and check over display properties to see the connection

depends on your version of windows:

Screenshot 2023-03-20 092323.jpg

you will have to look under advanced display etc to find the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back