Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
Core i5-4430 Haswell
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Apple boot screen flashes for a second

Hello,

First off, thank you immensely. I really appreciate this site. I'm having trouble installing Mac OS X Lion. I purchased parts from the June 2014 CustoMac Budget (ATX) list, except I kept my old NVIDIA GTS 450 and SATA hard drives. My build is:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
- Intel Core i5-4430
- 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 (4x2)
- Corsair CS 550 Watt Modular
- My old 1 TB and 232 GB SATA HDDs
- My old NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

I created a UniBeast USB on a 16 GB USB stick by buying Mac OS X Lion from the App Store and using a friend's Mac. I bought OS X Lion because I read that my GPU is supported under Lion, has issues with Mountain Lion and is not supported by Mavericks.

I set my BIOS settings to Optimized Defaults. I made sure SATA mode is set to AHCI and I disabled VT-d. I also tried setting my Extreme Memory Profile to Profile1.

When I boot, press F12 and select my SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB, I see the tonymacx86.com logo at the top and below I see the options:

- USB
- System Reserved
- Windows NTSF
- Local Disk

When I select USB and press enter, the screen goes black, then for a second I see the Mac logo with a grey background (Apple boot screen), then back to black, then back to the Gigabyte boot screen. I've tried the following options:

GraphicsEnabler=No
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
-s
-v
-x
PCIRootUID=1
PCIRootUID=0
npci=0x3000
maxmem=4096

Do I need to buy a new GPU and try again with Mavericks? Does one of the HHDs need to be wiped before I boot UniBeast? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

SOLVED: I removed the GTS 450 and installed Mavericks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back