Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 3-EU
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I created an Install disk for HS using the terminal command, it worked and boots fine.
Within the installer I created a CoreStorage volume using an 240GB SSD and a 1T HDD formatted as jhfs+.
I run the installer on this Fusion drive and it surprisingly took only 5 minutes.
After rebooting and loading clover from the "Install High Sierra" disk, both, the SSD and HDD that make the Fusion are not even seen by clover.

I'm running Clover 4220 on the "Install High Sierra" disk, which at the time of writing is the latest available

Any clue why this happens?

Attached the images of the drives as seen from Disk Utility and a Clover image where none of those disks is seen
IMG_20170928_184205.jpg
IMG_20170928_184237.jpg

Last edited:
After deleting the Logical Volume Group, formatting the SSD to apfs and reinstalling High Sierra on the SSD, I was able to boot it from clover to continue the installation. Still I really need that Fusion drive.

I have the same problem, and copying clover into EFI partitions of Fusion Drive doesn't help... Bios can see them, but clover can't.

I had this very same issue a while back when doing a clean install of 10.12 via USB installer to my diy fusion drive. I never did get it to work properly, however, after my 3 or 4th attempt of doing an install a recovery partition was created. I booted to the newly created recovery partition in clover and installed that way and it worked.

Yesterday when trying to upgrade from 10.12 to 10.13 I would get the "Error loading kernel cache" message when selecting the installer. I split apart the fusion drive and installed high sierra on the ssd. I'm not bothering with fusion anymore as it's nothing but a hassle.

I'm moving back to Sierra at least for now. It used to work fine with coreStorage and fusion drive is way to important to me. On top of that HS doesn't bring any useful features to me.

Gonna stick with Sierra until a more reliable guide comes along, also waiting for Unibeast and Multibeast to be updated for HS.

Until then, thanks for the help

I got the same issue like DANISSIMO9699.

HighSierra runs like charm from a single SSD but after creating a FusionDrive Clover doesn‘t find my „Macintosh HD”, just the „Recovery HD” partition.

Any clue??

@Calprainn, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back