CPU
i5-8600k
Graphics
gtx 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
im having difficulty installing High Sierra onto my home system. Changed the motherboard from an MSI Z370-A Pro to an Asus Z390-E Gaming (RGB. its vain, i know, plus integrated wifi for my windows boot, and Type-C)

I previously had Mojave on my MSI board, but i've gotten sick of waiting for Apple to approve Mojave Web drivers, so i planned to downgrade. VT-D is off, theres no setting for CFG Lock, Secure boot is off, Legacy USB on Auto, EHCI on.

Clover takes a while to come up, but does. then the progress bar gets to about 80% at which point i get the crossed out circle.
im using freshly downloaded Vanilla High sierra that i've then run through Unibeast, also freshly downloaded.

im at work right now, so i can't Verbose boot the system to give more details right now, but i'm going to be retrying this after work where i'll give a -v screenshot of the system.

at this point im just looking for advice; has anyone else used an asus 390 system, and did you require anything special?

as soon as i have further details, i'll update the thread with a reply with more information.

Last edited:
Hey there, so i have photo updates with Verbose booting enabled. its been a couple days since i had the ability to update this thread.

Attachments

• IMG_20190214_100619.jpg
    IMG_20190214_100619.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_20190214_100708.jpg
    IMG_20190214_100708.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 255
Search for still waiting for root device :

I am having the exact same issue any idea how to repair this

@darkdelphi, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

See post #4 - search for still waiting for root device

unhelpful!!!

except as a bump. thanks for that.

bump. :)

Search for still waiting for root device :

View attachment 387544

This is the post that got me off to the right track.
Because of USB port limits for Mac OS the installer couldn't find my installation media and would crap out.
At this point I've gotten into the Macos installer.

I added USBinjectall, lilu and the latest up-to-date version of fakesmc to my installer, along with new version of Apple ALC and whatevergreen.
The last thing I did was in Clover settings added npci2000 and verbose boot ticked USB injection ticked off Nvidia web driver.

EDIT: My install is now complete and fully working with some configuration. one thing to keep in mind, the Asus Z390-e gaming does NOT use Alc1220 audio... it uses ALC1220A. use Audio inject 7 to get audio working.

only issue im still having is shutting down / rebooting. but, unrelated to this issue, so im marking this solved.

Last edited:
do you mind sharing with me your EFI folder? i have the same board and i'm trying to install High sierra as well. my install would just hang toward the end, not sure what is going on.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back