Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hello! I'm trying to install Hackintosh on my brand new desktop PC. Here is it's configuration:
Intel Core i7-4770K
Intel DZ87KLT-75K
Kingston HyperX XMP 4096 x2
WD 3.0Tb Green Caviar
Asus GeForce GTX 760
I'm using this instruction http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
So I've created bootable USB with my MacBook, edited BIOS configuration as recommended in instruction and when I start Mavericks installation the only thing I see is Apple logo for less then a second, and after that PC reboots. I've tried using -x and -v flags, but they didn't help. Btw, on separate SSD I have installed and working Windows 8.1 Pro setup(but I don't think this causes the problem, I'm trying to install Mavericks on HDD). Will be thankful for any ideas, comments, etc.

I've found a solution here http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html
Now I have reached the MacOS installer, but got other problem - on HDD I have NTFS partition with my information. Using Windows Computer management I've created unallocated space on it to create a Mac partition(HFS+ if I'm right). I've tried to create it with OS X Disk Utility, but preparation process doesn't finish even after a long time. After this I got GParted Live USB, and created HFS+ partition there, but OS X installer says it can't install system to that partition. Maybe I have to check some flags or use other file system in GParted?

Make sure to have only the drive you want to install Mavericks on is plugged in that selected the whole HDD and erase (Mac OS Journaled)

If it helped

Thumbs up!
You mean I have to totally format this HDD and then install Mac on it? If I want to have separate partition to install Windows software at have some files on it using this HDD how can I create NTFS partition on it when installing OS X or after it's installation?

I've windows and mavericks dual boot.
You have to use 2 HDD
1st install Mavericks as per instructions, then remove Mavericks HDD and install Windows on 2nd HDD.
After windows install put back Mavericks HDD and boot from it, You will have dual boot.

I've windows and mavericks dual boot.
You have to use 2 HDD
1st install Mavericks as per instructions, then remove Mavericks HDD and install Windows on 2nd HDD.
After windows install put back Mavericks HDD and boot from it, You will have dual boot.
I already have Windows on separate SSD. On this HDD I want to have Mavericks installation and one NTFS partition to install diferent software, games ets. on it from Windows. So is that possible or I need another separate HDD to have Mavericks on it?

I've found that it's easiest if the OSX partition is the first one on the drive. Also, check that when you're formatting the partition in disk utility, use the partition tab, not erase, and check in options that you are using GUID.

Starting from an empty drive saves headaches, but there's nothing to stop you creating a small OSX partition as Mac OSX journaled, and the rest as whatever you like. There's a good app called iPartition that's great for managing partitions in OSX, once up and running.

Hello! I'm trying to install Hackintosh on my brand new desktop PC. Here is it's configuration:
Intel Core i7-4770K
Intel DZ87KLT-75K
Kingston HyperX XMP 4096 x2
WD 3.0Tb Green Caviar
Asus GeForce GTX 760
I'm using this instruction http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
So I've created bootable USB with my MacBook, edited BIOS configuration as recommended in instruction and when I start Mavericks installation the only thing I see is Apple logo for less then a second, and after that PC reboots. I've tried using -x and -v flags, but they didn't help. Btw, on separate SSD I have installed and working Windows 8.1 Pro setup(but I don't think this causes the problem, I'm trying to install Mavericks on HDD). Will be thankful for any ideas, comments, etc.

sierra works in this specifications?

Just completed my installation with the help of @P1LGRIM & @feartech Sierra 10.12.6 Working fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back